Account Manager (Telephone) - Edinburgh
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (starting salary dependent on skills and experience)
Benefits: Bonus scheme + 28 days holiday + stats, competitive pension + flex benefits
Our client is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
We now have an opportunity for a sales professional to join our successful Intermediary Account Management Team in Edinburgh. This is an exciting time to join the business, playing a pivotal role in driving growth and delivering our exciting new proposition to the market.
The key purpose of this role is to deliver agreed new business revenue targets from an existing panel of Intermediaries - providing a high level of service, maintaining excellent working relationships with key clients and ultimately promoting Royal London's Protection proposition.
- Delivering personal sales targets from a panel of Intermediaries
- Developing new Intermediary relationships
- Delivering sales presentations to Intermediaries promoting new and existing sales opportunities
- Identifying and promoting new sales opportunities by telephone
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with panel Intermediaries
- Ensuring a smooth efficient and professional sales process for the customer
- Working with Intermediaries to ensure an excellent and professional service is provided
- Engaging, aligning and working with appropriate colleagues and resources to maximise profitable new business production and to protect existing business
- Communicating requirements clearly and effectively with colleagues to ensure customer needs are identified and satisfied
- Creating, maintaining and delivering plans to develop a panel of intermediaries
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally possess experience working within a similar sales or account management role within IFA sales / Protection Insurance role or alternatively have an understanding of the protection industry along with the passion, drive, interpersonal skills and aptitude to complete required qualifications and succeed within a fast paced, target driven environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the IFA / Intermediary market
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to manage relationships and influence
- RO1 and RO5 qualifications obtained, or desire and willingness to complete these qualifications once appointed within defined timescales
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job