Our client based near Heathrow is currently recruiting for an Account Manager.
A background in retail, events or hospitality will also be considered for this role.
The role is to develop existing relationships with clients and identify & qualify profitable opportunities for new product sales maximising sales penetration and revenue.
- Develop active and new relationships with customers and their key decision makers
- Work autonomously to manage the Customer relationship and to exceed the Customer’s expectations
- Produce and maintain a thorough account plan for each customer (including a clear contact strategy and development objectives). To be personally responsible for ensuring the delivery of this strategy (identifying where support is required) and assessing the results.
- Effectively qualify all customers’ needs, understand those needs and sell against them/deliver service appropriately
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the company product portfolio and all associated features and benefits and to match those benefits to the needs of the customer
- Track performance of accounts (revenue), opportunity and scope to build and maintain customer relations.
- Identify opportunities to facilitate an increase the company share of the Customer’s wallet
- Manage service performance within the account portfolio and to be a resolution point for any service related issues
- Have a comprehensive understanding your current portfolio (including revenue and service performance, opportunities and threats)
- Submit accurate and timely business information when required
- Continually look to improve and develop knowledge and to share that with colleagues.
- Act as mentor to other team members and support them within their portfolio when required
- Produce and maintain an accurate revenue forecast (rolling 12 months) and report on monthly revenue variances verses both budget and forecast
- Extensive experience within either logistics, retail, events or hospitality
- Strong sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, campaign management)
- Excellent networking ability and natural communication style
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven success against sales targets
- Proven account management and development skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Able to travel within designated territory and able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Email, Power Point)
- Highly numerate
- Ability to articulate both verbally and in written form
- Happy to work both alone and as part of a team
- Skilled listener, able to understand and empathise with Customers whilst understanding context and the Customer supplier relationship
- Ability to self-motivate and work with the minimum of supervision
- Have a problem solving attitude and relish the challenge that obstacles may present
- Have consistent drive and energy
- Strong work ethic
- Presents a well prepared and professional image at all times
- Account Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job