Grade: Band E Lower
Salary: £41,739 to £45,909 (starting salary will be £41,739)
Closing Date: 5th March 2020
About the role:
West Midlands Police are looking to recruit an account manager to join our friendly, welcoming and award-winning Corporate Communications team to support corporate internal, external and campaign activity across the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Engagement and Digital, you will need experience of working in a busy communications or public relations environment at a senior level.
You will have excellent verbal, written and communication skills and experience of producing and implementing communication plans across a wide range of platforms.
Your role will including working creatively and innovatively to seek out new opportunities and channels to maximise internal and external engagement opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work on the development and implementation of effective corporate, internal communications and campaigns activities in support of the force’s strategic objectives.
- To lead and inspire a diverse and award-winning team which includes communication officers, graphic designers, photographer, a multi-media designer and a website front end developer.
- To develop, distribute and evaluate proactive internal and external campaigns, projects and initiatives.
- To represent the department and the force at a wide range of meetings, including external stakeholders, where you will be expected to use your own initiative and make complex decisions.
- To plan, research, write and promote a range of internal and external communications.
- To work creatively and innovatively to seek out new opportunities and channels to maximise the force’s internal and external engagement opportunities.
- To assist in the preparation and dissemination of e-bulletins, information reports, updates and other marketing and communication material.
- To assist in the development of new approaches and policies relating to communication and engagement.
- To assist in the production and development of the force’s internal and external communication tools including the staff on-line newspaper, the internet and the intranet.
- To assist in the management of devolved budgets.
- To promote the force’s vision and values and preserve and enhance the reputation of West Midlands Police.
- To organise meetings and events and attend when required, providing support where necessary working independently to offer professional advice and guidance.
- To represent the Corporate Communications Department on working parties, meetings, ad hoc projects and other forums as required.
- A professional communications qualification or extensive previous experience of working in a busy communications/marketing environment.
- Experience of managing staff and being accountable for their performance
- Proven writing and communications skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as being able to work as part of a team.
- Proven ICT skills
- Proven organisational and planning skills
What you’ll get in returnWe offer an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Agile and flexible working in a modern working environment
- Excellent employee benefits programme
- Access to WMP clubs & associations
- Travel discounts
- Childcare vouchers
West Midlands Police are currently undertaking a long term review of staff pay and conditions. The grade, pay and other terms of employment are therefore subject to review and may change in the future. West Midlands Police is a Disability Confident Leader - the highest level an organisation can achieve under the scheme run by the Department of Work and Pensions. As part of our commitment we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme - all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.Diversity and Inclusion Vision: Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities.
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'