Account Manager Automotive
An OE Account Manager is required to work for a leading OE Parts Manufacturer to support commercial activities and account management for a major automotive Vehicle Manufacturer.
Commutable Location – Birmingham, Tamworth, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Rugby, Leicester, Redditch, Stratford upon Avon, Bicester, Banbury
Salary £32,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience + Car + Excellent Benefits package (Pension, Life Assurance, Healthcare choice / Lifestyle choice, vouchers)).
Reporting to the Sales Manager your main purpose is handling account management and commercial activities with a major automotive Vehicle Manufacturer to supporting engineering and quality assurance activities.
- Handle daily issues with regards to the commercial aspects of the Thermal and Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) programme.
- Account management regarding costings on purchase orders, tooling and the negotiation of price reduction.
- Support project meetings and manage the commercial input to these meetings.
- Ensure the progress of projects, providing all reports and escalation to the relevant departments.
- Presentations to the customer in support of any expansion activities or product related issues.
- Support to the Service and Quality Assurance Team on quality and warranty issues.
- Regular travel to customer sites in the UK and company sites in the UK and Europe.
- Degree educated in business or engineering.
- Have worked in automotive or engineering (or a similar industry) for a minimum of three years.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and electronic.
- A high level of PC literacy, Microsoft Office (Inc Excel skills), highly analytical with a data driven mind-set.
- Strong commercial awareness with a good level of numeracy and good negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of APQP is desirable.
- Personal attributes should include the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- A team focussed individual who is striving for continuous improvement.
- Highly motivated with a will to succeed and a flexible attitude to work.
- Interest in the automotive industry and experience of selling in the industry is beneficial.
Apply in Confidence
Julian is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Julian and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2833JCGC
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job