Account Management Director (Digital, Software, Events)
Salary up to £60,000, OTE £125,000+
Who are we?
GDS Group is a global event, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital disruptive business environment. Our B2B summits and events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges. Whether it’s brokering real solutions to existing or upcoming business projects, providing greater insight into emerging trends and their outcomes, or delivering the tools needed to enable meaningful organisational change, our events, services and experience provide the intelligence needed to make our customer's business projects a success.
We are seeking a senior-level Account Management Director to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and to expand our footprint "deep and wide" vis-à-vis GDS’s portfolio of solutions: Summit Series, Bespoke Events, Meet the Boss, and future product launches. The role will oversee a portfolio of assigned customers and develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities within the account.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to develop strong relationships with the core buying team within each account, identify areas of opportunity, and map the appropriate GDS solutions to those opportunities. They will liaise with the GDS Customer Success Team as well as other areas within GDS to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Responsibility for the effective management and expansion of our relationships with existing clients from defined commercial sectors.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- In concert with the Customer Success Team, ensure timeline and successful delivery of our solutions mapped to customer needs and objectives.
- In concert with the Customer Success Team, ensure timely reporting on campaign and program effectiveness to customer.
- Delivery of all of your individual monthly and annual revenue targets.
- Develop sales strategies for assigned accounts including expansion within existing relationship and new business generation within new functional areas across the client organization.
- Development of sales pitches, proposals and contracts.
- Forecast and track key account metrics and clearly communicate individual sales progress against quota on a monthly and quarterly basis to internal stakeholders.
- Establish and build strong client relationships over time that allow for continuity and ongoing representation and provide significant input to planning company product, price, and service strategies.
- Coordinate use of other company resources (e.g., technical, marketing, content) to provide value added services to accounts.
- Network with existing and new clients to identify new opportunities. Resourcefully using your network to deepen your product and market knowledge.
- Manage difficult client requests and follow through to appropriate conclusion.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager
- Demonstrate superior ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization including executive and C-Level
- Solid experience with CRM software, Salesforce a plus
- Experience in consultative/challenger sales approach
- Proven ability to manage multiple top tier accounts while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
Ideal Candidate Experience
- B2B digital media and events, especially CXO level and hosted buyer
- B2B agency, account management
- B2B software sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job