Account Handler required - York
PIB is a dynamic insurance broker employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the insurance market. They are an independent, client centric and service focused insurance broker.
Founded in 2014, PIB is growing rapidly and offers a range of specialist expertise, products and services to clients throughout the UK. We are currently recruiting for an Account Handler to be based in York.
An Account Handler is expected to generate revenue and develop the profitability of the business whilst ensuring full FCA compliance and ensuring a quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements.
Ensure all KPIs are achieved and are attained compliantly with FCA regulation.
- Be aware of the contents of the Company's compliance manual and ensure a full understanding of the following chapters, as they directly relate to the role. Ensure full compliance with the procedures contained within the manual:
- Ensure compliance with the company's employment policies and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure all other Company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer and conducting related administration work in the following areas :
- New business
- Mid Term Adjustments
- Premium financing arrangements
- Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and Company procedures as detailed in the compliance manual - use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
- Handle any complaints in accordance with Company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual training & competence scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for own development as required.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and ensure expert advice in all areas of business.
- When unsure in any matter, ensure it is referred to manager or experienced colleague
- Proactively and enthusiastically prospect potential new clients, through Company marketing campaigns and promotional activities in line with Company procedures.
- Where necessary actively secure renewal business by re-broking existing business to ensure the client is presented with the most suitable and cost effective cover
- Timeliness in collection of client monies in line with agreed credit control procedures
- Develop and maintain effective and valuable relationships with insurers and underwriters for the benefit of the company and its clients.
- Comply with the administration requirement of any given insurer.
- Assimilate all Company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies.
- Prioritise all client communication and ensure it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with Company procedures.
- Maintain all files in accordance with Company standards (which should be fully compliant with FCA).
For more information about the role please contact Lucy Godden -
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job