Title: Account Handler
Salary: £15,500 + depending on experience and qualifications
Astra Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an account manager to join their team in the insurance industry. This role will be based on the outskirts of Plymouth.
This position is based within the Personal Insurances department; this is a very busy department and the Account Manager role is a telephone based.
For this role you will need to be computer literate with an excellent telephone manner. You must be able to prioritise your workload and multi-task.
The ideal candidate will have previous insurance experience of dealing with new and existing business clients. We are looking for candidates with a background in Insurance Sales, Account Management and Customer service telephone based roles.
This company offers good career prospects and excellent training & development packages
As the Account Handler you will be responsible for:
- Successfully gain new business and follow up potential leads
- Process Insurance renewals for existing accounts
- Handle incoming calls
- Provide a first class service to clients by fulfilling their requirements.
- Deal with queries from clients and act as point of contact.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, insurers and other staff within the Company.
- Identify and match products with client requirements
- To liaise with colleagues to share information about the current insurance marketplace, and to assist them with any insurance queries.
- Comply with service standards at all times
- Maintain accurate files and ensure that all correspondence and telephone notes are correctly recorded.
- General administration duties
- Maintain clients’ and the company’s confidentiality at all times.
- Fully understand the companies’ policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
- Undertake appropriate training and personal development courses, as required.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Your experience will include:
- The ideal candidate will have previous insurance experience of dealing with new and existing business clients. A background in customer service – In a phone based role.
- Have an honest manner at all times with both clients and the company.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prioritise workload and multi-task
- Certificate in Insurance qualified – Desired.
- Ability to gather and analyse information for the client and resolve problems.
Please note that due to the location of this role we can only consider applicants who have full driving licences and access to their own vehicles. Free parking is available on site.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Hours between 9am-7pm.
1 late night per week is required.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application by one of our consultants here at Astra Recruitment for a short telephone pre-screen prior to being submitted to the client. Unfortunately due to high levels of applications you will not be contacted if you are unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job