We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Director to join a successful, progressive PR and Communications agency in Reading. The account director will head up a number of accounts across the agency, working with the SAM/AM to develop a PR programme based on client expectations. The AD is ultimately accountable for the actions of the whole team, so must be aware of any potential issues with the day-to-day running of the account and ensure the team is motivated and has the necessary skills and resources to succeed. An account director is also involved in securing new business opportunities and working with a team to deliver successful pitches and PR proposals.
We are looking for someone with experience as an Account Director, ideally within the technology sector. Excellent client management skills are a must, as well as experience pitching within B2B.
Key Responsibilities of the Account Director:
* Plan, develop and oversee the execution of PR strategies to support the objectives of the client's business, within agreed timescales and budgets to ensure the account remains stable and profitable
* Hold regular client review meetings to review the PR strategy and ensure it complements business and marketing objectives and plans
* Identify opportunities to increase fee income and sell additional services to clients, through additional ongoing activity or project work
* Ensure rigorous quality control is maintained in all work produced by the account team, and company guidelines are adhered to
* Provide messaging and marketing support for clients as appropriate
* Speak regularly with clients to ensure they are happy and to discuss any potential issues or a need to reset expectations etc
* Actively develop own new business opportunities through industry contacts, networking, attending events, exhibitions, social networking etc
* Be active on the company blog and Twitter and understand the tools and benefits associated with digital PR and encourage the sharing of new ideas, tools and approaches
* Attend credentials meetings to qualify leads produced by the telemarketing team or other lead generation activities and lead pitch team
* Line management responsibilities for AM/SAM level and responsibility for mentoring other individuals within the organisation
* Be involved in setting and enforcing company policies and procedures and training programmes
* Take a lead role in helping to cultivate team spirit and culture in the office, along with emphasising the company values in collaboration with the Divisional Director (DD) and Deputy.
* Identify strengths and weaknesses in the team; work with individuals setting goals and improve specific skills
* Be prepared to provide hands-on support to colleagues when required
* Have achieved the first level of Storytelling accreditation.
* Advise clients on making media materials reflect Storytelling, and proposing additional projects with storytelling at their heart.
Key Skills of the Account Director:
* Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate individuals to exceed client expectations.
* Good listener and approachable
* Creativity, energy and enthusiasm
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Display autonomy and accountability; be able to make a decision
* Strong relationships with all target media, including national and online press
* Self - motivation and a persuasive manner
* Proven spoken and written communication skills across a variety of areas
* Enhanced 'people skills', able to adapt to a range of audiences both internally and externally
* Thorough understanding of clients' business and their market
* Consistent professional manner
* Proven presentation and negotiation skills
Along with the competitive salary, the package includes a £4,800 car allowance and CPD accredited storytelling training. Please apply on-line today should you wish to be considered for the role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'