Account Director - Godalming
£40,000+ depending on experience
Our client is seeking an Account Director to be responsible for all client accounts in your business unit, identifying opportunities to grow each account and move them into new areas. As well as managing your team and the delivery of agreed activity, you should also concentrate on building and maintaining strong client relationships, delivering agreed client activity, managing both up and down where appropriate and acting as an ambassador for the agency.
Client Services Director involvement:
- Work with the Client Services Director to develop client proposals and plans, ultimately leading to the expansion of each account.
- Be involved in the development of financial budgets for each client annually, with an initial draft developed by the end of November and finalised budgets by the end of the year (depending on client financial year).
- Build close relationships with each client including:
- Focusing on developing long term strategy for each client, identifying new areas of focus and growth.
- Overseeing the team as they develop PR proposals and plans to support the client’s marketing and sales objectives
- At critical times, take the lead on major issues to manage a smooth path for the client and the agency whilst empowering and/or training your team to support accordingly and learn the correct procedures and protocols
- Attend regular client meetings to discuss ongoing activity delivery and ensure prompt distribution of minutes from those meetings
- Manage the delivery of your client’s PR campaigns/activities including managing the writing of press releases, extended articles, brochure/catalogue entries, advertisements and promotional material
- When required, provide expert writing support
- Maintain regular contact with the client during the month, keeping them fully informed of the work in progress
- Working with your team, identify forward news and general information pertinent to and about the industry and recommend action to be taken if appropriate
- Be an expert in your clients’ businesses, reading appropriate media; become familiar with their markets, business strategies, competitors and general industry news
- Attend client events where relevant including trade shows, product launches, conferences, hospitality events etc.
- Meet with your Account Team weekly to progress client activity, review and delegate work, manage responsibilities, set targets and oversee delivery of activity.
- Help and encourage your team to build and maintain relationships with each client’s target media through regular contact including face-to-face briefings where appropriate
- Generally, work to develop skill set of team members, mentoring, nurturing, encouraging and educating them to ensure personal development
- Conduct six monthly appraisals and following these, confirm training requirements
to the Client Services Director. In conjunction with HR, develop individual training schedules.
- Develop existing accounts as much as possible.
- Attend new business meetings and actively participate in new business pitches, including research, writing proposals and presentations
- Computer housekeeping; own filing and individual admin duties; Attend relevant events on behalf of the agency where appropriate.
Continue your professional development, in consultation with the Director; take an interest in the sectors relevant to your clients, prospects and the PR industry.
Person / Experience Required
- Five - Six year’s PR experience
- Experience of client pitch delivery
- Line management experience
- Educated to degree level
- Proven desire to keep abreast of industry issues and changes
- Ability to develop creative PR ideas and approaches
- Excellent proven communications skills - both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of PR industry processes and practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative and problem-solving approach to issues
- Interest in current affairs
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met, including managing multiple PR programmes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job