It's an exciting and unique time at Experian to be working with strategic clients and directing core and unique assets within Experian to deliver outstanding customer value in a world where data is the new gold. This is a senior individual contributor sales role who owns and manages the relationship and all sales activities into selected clients in the Telco and/or Utilities sector within the UK. Responsible for the successful delivery of existing services and identifying and securing new business with these clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A high-profile role with strategic clients in the UK, the Account Director is responsible to achieve a trusted partner status with their clients, ensuring successful delivery of existing contracted services whilst identifying and closing new business opportunities that grow and maximise revenue return for Experian.
- Leading the creation and continual development of an account plan and strategy that ensures revenue targets are met or exceeded.
- Identification of new business opportunities (both short and long term), that are aligned to the strategic plan, and management of these through the sales pipeline process to successful closure, delivery and service management.
- Ownership and regular management of Salesforce.com data including account plans, customer contacts and weekly updates on opportunities (close date, value, sales stage and win probability)
- Develops a strong network of relationships at all levels with the strategic client, with key external organisations (such as industry associations and media) and internally, to achieve business goals and delight clients.
- Responsible for the successful negotiation of key contracts and agreements, leveraging the wider Experian commercial enablement teams as required.
- Indirect management of virtual / matrix resources from across Experian according to client need
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting on sales performance, forecasts as well as market trends and competitive activity.
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers. Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer's means to them and our organisation.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- The successful candidate should have a proven track record in consultative B2B selling of large and complex solutions - ideally within the telecommunications and/or utilities market - and managing multi-million £ client relationships whilst driving significant organic growth.
- Prior experience and strong relationships with key current decision makers in the sector is an advantage, as is knowledge of the Experian product and service portfolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, along with strong networking skills.
- A strong understanding of enterprise architectures and solution design is required to be successful in this role.
- Proven ability to work within a matrix environment, with virtual team management skills.
- Strong commercial acumen including finance, legal and risk management.
- Self-motivation and leadership skills are required and the candidate is expected to bring energy and enthusiasm to the role with new ideas to develop business within the sector
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
· Uncapped commission
· A car / car allowance scheme
· 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
· Generous contributory pension
· Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
· Life assurance
· Medical and Dental cover
· Retail discount schemes
· 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job