Account Director - Medical Communications
Summary / Heading
A global Med Comms company is looking for an Account Director to support a well-established, global account; maintaining strong relationships with clients (occasionally building new relationships), providing direction and development to the project management teams and taking responsibility for the accounts as a whole.
You will be utilising excellent people management and strong interpersonal skills to manage your accounts teams whilst using expert communication to cultivate strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will also be using effective project management skills to create timelines and budgets and ensure the expectations and deadlines are met.
This account has a strong publications focus so experience in this area is key, though there may be opportunities to work on other accounts with a variety of other materials if required. The AD will be responsible for the overall development of publications and promotional programmes across European and US clients so effective project and people management skills are essential along with an expectation for some occasional travel. Expert communication and leadership skills are crucial, along with a motivated and enthusiastic approach to working.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a supportive team in one of the top Medical Communications agencies, leading on accounts worth up to $4million.
Sussex / Middlesex / London (Flexible working available)
Salary (If applicable)
Up to £85,000 (dependent on experience)
Client Company Statement / USP and Link
This fast-growing and forward-thinking MedComms company is seeking talented individuals to lead on their largest accounts. This diverse role will offer someone the chance to lead multiple accounts and make the role their own.
• Very competitive salary
• Opportunity for flexible working (including a couple of days a week work from home)
• Opportunity for progression and training to next level
• Car allowance
• Generous bonus
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Taking the lead on EU & US MedComms accounts (publications/promotional).
• Taking overall responsibility for the health of assigned accounts.
• Line managing 4-6 direct reports.
• Directing, coaching and managing internal team members.
• Maintaining existing client relationships.
• Identifying new clients.
• Understanding and communicating brand strategy.
• Experience managing medical communications/education accounts (currently strong Senior Account Manager level or higher).
• Experience with line management within a medical communications agency.
• Experience with working global accounts is preferable.
• High level of people and project management.
• Strong knowledge of strategy and business development.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
Key Benefits To You:
• Fantastic salary, bonus and benefits.
• Opportunity to oversee global accounts.
• Opportunity to work with highly talented team members.
• Excellent opportunities to increase knowledge and refine skills.
Agency Statement / USP / Link / Contact Details
Clinical Professionals are the leading pharmaceutical staffing consultancy in Europe. We are the agency of choice for medical communications professionals as we are the most knowledgeable recruiters within our specialist sectors and receive the highest number of jobs across the UK of all agencies - therefore you can leave your job search and career guidance safely in our hands alone! Our expert consultants and resourcers have been working in the medical communications market for a number of years and understand the nuances of this sector, so can give tailored advice for YOU and outstanding levels of service throughout your career. We also have great relationships with our clients so pride ourselves on being able to identify clients that may be the perfect `fit` for you and bring you to their attention. By working proactively with candidates we find you the RIGHT job at the RIGHT time.
- Account Director : Medical Communications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job