BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
We are currently looking to recruit a full time Account Controller to join our busy Sales office based in Kinross
- Manage all designated customer accounts in accordance with current service level agreements to ensure maximum vehicle entries and sale conversions are achieved.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing professional relationship with designated customers, in compliance with the Company’s business ethics and practices, so that the customers are encouraged to increase the number of vehicles entered for sale with the Company and so that the number of vehicles sold is maximised.
- Canvass designated customers to maximise vehicle entries and ensure that any appropriate transport requests are processed. Canvass potential new business targets and opportunities.
- Process vehicles entered for sale so that service level agreements are correctly applied.
- Regularly liaise with designated customers to ensure that all pre and post sale reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Produce and amend as necessary any required documentation, entry forms or catalogue listings in accordance with the Company’s procedures and the customer’s service level agreements.
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
- Advise designated customers on industry market conditions and achievable selling prices of vehicles entered for sale so that customer's expectations are realistic, bids from purchasers are accepted and the Company’s services are fully utilised.
- Ensure that any of the Company’s services used by designated customers (such as valet, wash, transport, appraisal reports and inspection reports) are correctly documented and reported so that the Company is able to charge the customers the appropriate level of fees and commission.
- Participate in pre sale marketing activities for every relevant sale to maximise sale day activity. Including buyer and vendor telemarketing as part of a weekly routine
- Actively participate in provisional sale activity to ensure maximum conversions for each relevant sale. Maintaining the company’s quality procedures throughout.
- Deputise for other Account Executives or Account Controllers in their absence to enable the continuing smooth running of the department. Team player attitude is required.
The role of Account Controller requires a high degree of relationship building with customers - hence the job holder must be able to gain the trust and confidence of the customer by detailed account management, industry knowledge and interpersonal skills. A high level of administration and organisational skills is also required.
The role is the customer’s representative on site and so, of equal importance, is the ability to influence other BCA staff so that they act on the customer’s behalf, without loosing sight of the fact that BCA is the employer and ultimately loyalty must, therefore, lie with the Company.
The working hours of the position will vary according to auction times, sale days and other requirements of the business. A flexible approach to hours of work is therefore needed.
- Customer Accounts
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Key Accounts
- Building Relationships
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"