Sanctuary Students provide safe and secure accommodation to thousands of students around the country. We believe that our strength lies in our dedicated staff who help students with their everyday needs.
£16,505 per annum (rising to £17,374 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Students manages accommodation for over 11,500 students across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with universities to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose built accommodation direct to student across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
The Accommodation Assistant will join the team at Dundee University. You will work in a challenging and rewarding environment which will offer the opportunity for training and further development. This position would suit someone who is currently working in housekeeping or hospitality front office looking to move into management.
The role of Accommodation Assistant will include:
- Carrying out room inspections to ensure the smooth running of accommodation
- Acting as the first point of contact for our customers
- Providing general administrative support to the management team
- Dealing with maintenance and student queries across four different sites
Skills and experiences:
- A flexible approach is required as you will work 5 days over 7 including some weekends and evenings.
- Maintaining a healthy communication with students and providing an excellent level of customer service at all times
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- An excellent eye for detail and excellent people skills
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 18 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Students is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job