Part-time: 20 hours per week (additional hours available in July and August)
Kaplan International English, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 41 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
Our Kaplan Cambridge school is located in a very quiet and peaceful area of Cambridge. The school is housed in an old Victorian house, with 8 classrooms, Café, Study Centre and large garden. It’s just a twenty minute walk along the river to the city centre, with easy access to the University College and museums. We offer a comprehensive range of English courses and provide accommodation in residence or with host families in Cambridge.
We are now recruiting a Part-time Accommodation & Welfare Assistant (20 hours per week) to support the Accommodation and Welfare Manager to provide top quality accommodation options and services to overseas students studying at KIE Cambridge.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide students with suitable accommodation provision, working with students, agents and homestay/residence providers.
- Deal with queries and complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure superior customer service is delivered to students, hosts and other stakeholders.
- Supply in-depth information regarding accommodation and alternatives to internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the information flow from the accommodation department is rapid, accurate and of a consistently high quality.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is in place and all record keeping systems provide the information required by both the regulatory and internal requirements.
- To assist in organising any additional services e.g. travel cards, airport transfers, ordering lunches for groups.
- Maintain a pro-active welfare system within the school.
- To assist the Accommodation & Welfare Manager in developing the provision of quality homestay and residential accommodation.
- Visit host families to conduct quality assurance checks.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Principal and the Accommodation & Welfare Manager.
- To occasionally take part in the 24-hour emergency telephone rota.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
- Have experience of working in a customer facing environment, an exceptional customer service ethos and a willingness to meet and go beyond customer expectations
- Good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of self-motivation and pro-activity
- Ability to use initiative to deal with unexpected situations
- Have excellent organisation skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to deal with and resolve a high volume of queries efficiently
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and high level of data accuracy
- Demonstrate the ability to develop rapport with students from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
- Knowledge of British Council and ISI inspection criteria
- A bachelor’s degree
The jobholder will be required to have a DBS (formerly CRB) check.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role via our online application form.
Closing date: 5th February, 2018.
Disclaimer and Revision Date
This is a non-exhaustive list of the duties of the above role and the person specification of the job holder. The Company reserves the right to amend this document as the needs of the business require.
- Customer Service
- International Education
- Student Welfare
- Receptionist Duties
- Student Accommodation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job