Accessibility Surveyor Researcher
Would you like to make a difference to potentially thousands of people’s lives?
Are you looking for an interesting, varied and challenging role with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK?
AccessAble is the UK’s leading provider of access information for disabled people. Established over 15 years ago, our mission is to maximise independence and choice for disabled people in accessing their local area and the places we all want to visit.
We are looking for a self motivated, talented person to join our surveying team. All the venues featured on our website are visited by a trained AccessAble Surveyor. We take information using tablet computers that we use to create the access guides published on our website & app. Surveyors take measurements and photographs and ask staff questions using a purpose built template that is unique to our company. Surveyors work independently or as part of a team depending on the size of the project. Surveyors play a vital role in delivering a world class product for our clients and our users.
We are based in Stevenage but work throughout the UK and employ regional surveyors. We try to provide work within a commutable distance to the surveyor’s residence but often this is not possible and surveyors can be asked to work away Monday to Friday. AccessAble pay for expenses incurred when working away. It is necessary for surveyors to have a clean driving licence and use of a car, although we do also have pool cars for longer trips.
In this job you will need to have good IT skills, good organisational skills, be well presented and have a good standard of written English. You will have a passion to make a difference and have empathy with the disabled community for the benefits that the AccessAble solutions offer.
If you are confident and have good communication/ interpersonal skills, if you can work independently and as part of a team and have a good eye for detail this position could suit you well.
The starting salary we currently offer is circa £18,500 - £19,000 per annum for full time surveyors working 37.5 hours per week. There is a probationary period of 3 months and full training is provided.
- Plan projects and daily/weekly work schedules
- Meet deadlines and project work targets.
- Travel between venues using public transport, car or on foot.
- Obtain permission to move around the venue by the service provider and often do so unaccompanied.
- To work quickly, efficiently and ensure that key areas relevant to the guide are identified and surveyed.
- Record information on a tablet PC using a surveying user interface
- Take accurate measurements, using a tape measure.
- Take quality internal and external photographs venues using a digital camera
- Report work progress to team managers on a daily basis.
- Proof read all work prior to it being submitted.
Skill / experience:
- Good time/organisational management skills
- The ability to multi - task and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- good communication/ interpersonal skills
- The ability to work mainly independently but also as part of a wider team
- Good standard of written English
- high level of attention to detail
- Driving Licence
- Well presented
- A knowledge of disability, experience of working in the disability field, local government or voluntary sector
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to stay away from home on a regular basis
- Experience of using a data entry system or carrying out previous research tasks
About This Job
AccessAble is the UK’s leading provider of access information for disabled people.
As part of our commitment to making the world a more accessible and inclusive place, we also offer comprehensive disability equality, sustainability, safeguarding, accessibility, employment and health and safety training to businesses. Find out more about our training packages or to find out about getting an access guide for your business: www.AccessAble.org
We are an ISO 9001 accredited organisation.
We are passionate about our people and promote diversity across our workforce. We are committed to supporting and improving the welfare of our employees and suppliers alike and AccessAble is consequently a proud member of the Living Wage Foundation.
In addition to our extensive client list, we are proud to work in partnership with a number of high profile organisations such as Visit England, Visit Scotland, and London & Partners. Similarly, we work collaboratively with registered disability charities across the UK.
- Data Entry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'