My client are a South East London Local Government Office who are currently recruiting an Access and Information Officer to work withing their Adult Social Care division.
To effectively respond to adult social care enquiries received within the Adult Social Care Advice and Information Service. To undertake such follow up work as required on behalf of the customer to ensure a satisfactory conclusion, liaising with other sections as needed in accordance with procedures or instructions.
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
• To receive and resolve routine adult social care enquiries, to a satisfactory conclusion, either face to face, in writing or by telephone.
• To give information and signpost customers to voluntary sector partners and other appropriate community services.
• Promote and deliver the highest standards of customer care, which includes giving name within greeting and when requested by customer.
• To record relevant information and advise customers about social care services.
• Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with agreed time scales and those dictated by legislation.
• Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with procedures and legislation.
• Ensure all necessary action is taken to deliver and administer services efficiently and effectively.
• To support District Nurse Call taking service at times of high demand.
• Offer advice on a range of council services delivered by Adult Social Care and its partners
• Participate in outreach work such as customer surgeries.
• Cover other service areas within Adult Social Care when required.
• Prepare records and statistics as and when required.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of all relevant systems within adult social care.
• To learn and deliver other services incorporated within Adult Social Care day or out of hours services.
• Promote and implement the Councils Equalities and Diversity Policies.
• Liaise with all relevant sections in the Council and external agencies as required.
• Take responsibility for own learning and development to ensure that an effective value added personal contribution to the division’s objectives is maintained continuously. Participate actively in all processes linked to the Performance Evaluation Scheme
• To assist with the training of new members of staff.
• Comply with Health & Safety policies and practices, ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to.
• Assist in carrying out the Council's environmental policy within the day to day activities of the post.
• Carry out other duties as required within the scope of the post.
• May be required on occasions to work in other areas of the Public Services Division
• Carry out the duties of the post with an understanding of and commitment to customer care and the Council's and Department's customer care policies.
• Comply with Data Protection legislation and maintain client confidentiality.
• May be required to work from home as part of the council’s Tele-working initiative.
If this sounds like the perfect next temporary booking for you please do not hesitate in sending me your CV at your earliet convenience
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job