As the Academy Finance Manager you will provide support to the finance function of the Academy Trust. To assist with all aspects of development and effective operation of financial systems and procedures. To assist in budget setting and monitoring, departmental budget, costing activities and development of budget profiles.
Excellent salary and benefits package.
• Provide high quality financial advice and guidance Business Managers, budget holders and the Senior Leadership Team.
• Support the Regional Finance Director in the preparation and implementation of financial forecasts, business plans, reports and returns, etc., to ensure strategic development, and long term sustainability of the budget.
• Update, monitor and maintain the financial procedures and standing orders, ensuring staff comply with them and that they are compliant with own policies and procedures, advising the Regional Finance Director of any potential breaches or noncompliance.
• Produce annual financial statements, prepare audit files and liaise with external and internal auditors.
Produce accurate financial reports to tight deadlines, including the reconciliations necessary to support the monthly management accounts.
• Ensure they remain compliant with VAT requirements, including monitoring the VAT status and ensuring that VAT returns are submitted in line with HMRC guidelines.
• Ensure that they have a robust cash management strategy in place and that regular monitoring and forecasting of cash balances takes place.
• Support the Regional Finance Director in the coordination of the external and internal audit teams, ensuring that all work is undertaken in order to meet Governance and statutory requirements.
• Be available to support colleagues with the preparation, management and maintenance of the payroll function and hence provide an efficient and effective payroll service which is locally managed.
• Undertake, with complete discretion and in confidence, tasks as directed which may be of a sensitive and confidential nature as required by Senior Staff.
• Fully qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA or CIPFA
• Ideally you will have had experience within the education sector
• Experience of group accounting
• Line management experience
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job