Academic Services Assistant
Location: ACL - Basildon
Contract: Fixed term contract, one year
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week.
Salary: £17,300 - £21,500 per annum
Interviews likely to take place on 28th March 2018
The Academic Services Assistant will assist the Academic Services team in programme planning, design, promotion and administration in accordance with the requirements and standards of the service.
The Academic Services Assistant will provide support to enable the service to achieve their contractual targets, key performance indicators and commissioning outcomes. The Academic Services area is critical to overall organisational success and this role will play a significant part in supporting change and improving overall performance. This role will also include an element of support for Tutors to enable them to maximise the use of technology and other resources. The role will provide support for customers supporting an improved customer journey that provides the best possible chance of success..
Role Specific Accountabilities:
· Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC's Values and Core Organisational Behaviours.
· Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
· Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
· Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output.
· To assist customers in accessing learning resources and courses.
· Provide support and assistance to subject tutors to ensure an improved student experience ensuring the use of funding and resources are maximised
· Provide assistance to students with advice and guidance that enables them to make the right choices about their learning and understand the progression opportunities
· To liaise closely with the Business Improvements Assistants - Exams to ensure continuity of communication with the Curriculum Co-ordinator/s, Tutors & Students.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good standard of English and Maths (level 2 or above)
- NVQ level 2 in business administration or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with a team and managing administrative tasks
- Ability to plan and organise own workload, taking responsibility for the delivery of tasks to a timeframe
- Good working knowledge of IT and in particular Microsoft packages including Word, excel and Outlook, along with the ability to input and maintain data into these systems.
- Understand confidentiality and has an awareness of data protection requirements in the workplace
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and guidance
- Willingness to learn new skills and contribute to the development and use of new systems
- Experience of working in a customer-focussed environment, demonstrating exemplar communication skills
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, commitment and enthusiasm.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Assistant. ACL
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job