Academic Representation Coordinator
To coordinate and drive the Students’ Union’s representation work, including empowering, developing and supporting academic representatives (Course, School and College Reps) in order to ensure that they can shape their University experience and the world around them. The post holder will help to build UWSU’s reputation as an evidence-based, influential organisation - that genuinely makes a difference to students’ lives.
Summary of Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supporting implementation of operational plans within student representation and voice that contribute to the Union’s overall strategy;
- Managing key long-term relationships within the University - particularly at administrative level in academic departments;
- Ensuring effective and engaging academic representation systems including a fit for future Course Rep system;
- Supporting academic reps to create change, improving the educational experience at a local level for students across Westminster;
- Ensuring that systems and processes are in place to measure and celebrate the successes and achievements of academic reps;
- Providing high-quality induction, training, communication and briefings for academic reps across the University.
UWSU is now recruiting
Locations: Central London (working across Regent Street, Marylebone and Cavendish) and Harrow
Positions: 11 new roles:
- 1.Head of Communications and Business Development
2. Representation and Voice Manager
3. Academic Representation Coordinator
4. Student Voice and Democracy Coordinator
5. Student Groups Coordinator (Societies)
6. Design and Content Coordinator
7. Retail Supervisor (part-time 0.6 contract)
8. Advertising and Sales Coordinator
9. Finance Assistant
10. PA to the President and CEO (part-time 0.6 contract)
- 11. HR and Governance Coordinator
Salary: please check individual job descriptions
The University of Westminster Students’ Union is going through an exciting change that will improve thousands of students’ university experience. We are currently recruiting for 11 fantastic diverse positions and we are seeking exceptional talent to join our friendly team to help us drive change.
What we do?
Westminster University was originally founded in 1838 as the first polytechnicin the UK. It is a diverse and forward-thinking University and the Students’ Union has an important role to play in the lives of current and future Westminster students.
Our business is anindependent student-led organisation, here to represent our students’ needs, protect their rights and ensure their voice is heard when important decisions that affect them, are made. We support over 120 student societies, sports clubs and award-winning media groups with over 2000 students participating. We also organise the biggest events in the University calendar and run bars and shops on campus.
Why work for us?
UWSU is a diverse charity with an incredibly supportive and fun environment to work and grow in. With flexible working opportunities, generous benefits and bonus schemes and offices in attractive Central London locations close to vibrant shops, restaurants and capital’s cultural offerings we are a fantastic organisation to work for. We have been through a lot of change recently and have ambitious plans for the future. These 11 new roles show our determination to offer an outstanding experience to every Westminster student.
Who are we seeking?
If you are a driven, innovative and dedicated professional who is passionate about supporting students’ rights and welfare then we would love to work with you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'