Fairfield School of Business is looking to recruit a full-time Associate Dean to provide strategic and operational leadership in the learning and teaching requirements of the campus on both Academic and non-academic levels.
The post is located in Birmingham.
Contract: Minimum one year’s contract (full-time 35hrs per week), extendable on performance and growth of the business
Minimum Requirements for the Post
- Master’s degree in a relevant academic discipline (Essential)
- PhD in a relevant discipline (Desirable)
Experience & Position:
- Work experience in Education for more than 10 years
- Work experience in a leadership role for more than 5 years
- Management skills both within learning and teaching within a higher education environment and supporting staff engaged in learning and teaching
- Experience in Educational Oversight and / or QAA inspections
- Involved in the validation of new programs both on undergraduate and postgraduate level
- An understanding of issues facing the UK higher education sector, notably in relation to learning and teaching
- Experience of managing resources within a College in relation to learning and teaching.
Fairfield School of Business is a community focused higher education College based in Birmingham. It is an exciting time for the College as it begins to expand its academic portfolio, with the introduction of undergraduate programmes following University partnership.
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide the strategic vision and leadership for the campus both on Academic and non-Academic levels under the management of the Principal and Deputy CEO.
- To contribute to the institutional strategy in learning and teaching, and to participate in the numerous boards, committees and panels of the College.
- To liaise with the senior officers of the College to ensure the effective management of all academic systems
- To develop an effective working relationship with senior management in order to meet the highest standards of corporate governance
- To enhance the reputation of the College for academic excellence, quality and engagement
Duties of the Role:
- To provide effective leadership of the College to both its staff and students and to external stakeholders
- To organise, direct and manage the campus and lead the staff as appropriate to the matrix line management structure
- To be a member of key committees and to represent the interests of the campus.
- To provide effective management of all systems, staff and resources made available to the campus.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of College plans and policies
- To ensure that the College is effectively represented and promoted in local and regional forums and that information from external sources is disseminated widely throughout the campus
This role profile is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
How to Apply
Applications for this post must include all of the following:
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
- a letter explaining how you meet the requirements of this post
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'