As part of continued growth and strategy to be a leader in their sector, our client is seeking an Academic Account Manager to join the Cambridgeshire based team.
As Academic Account Manager, you will be responsible for growing revenue from both new and existing accounts within a defined territory, for academic institutes in the UK and Ireland. You will need to balance a range of responsibilities including; lead qualification, account development, presenting and researching sources for new leads and prospective customers.
Your responsibilities as Academic Account Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Identify, develop and grow software sales within the UK and Ireland
- Generate new leads via various sales methods and maintain regular customer contact
- Create and deliver presentations at customer-sites, professional conferences and seminars
- Achieve and excel personal sales targets for associated accounts
The desired skills to execute the role of Academic Account Manager include:
- Ideally Bachelor or Master of Engineering, physical sciences, life sciences or a related discipline, but not essential
- Positive, professional and confident communicator both in-person and on the phone
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
- Good knowledge of business challenges and technical issues clients face in engineering and scientific sector
- Excellent communications skills, strong public speaking skills and exceptional written skills
In return, our client is offering a salary basic of £25,000 - £30,000, with OTE of £10,000 as well a large number of additional company benefits including company pension and ongoing career development.
If you feel that your skills meet the requirements of this Cambridgeshire based Academic Account Manager position and you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today.
To discuss other opportunities with our experienced sales and marketing consultants, why not get in touch with Tom, Liz or Donna with regards to your next career step.
We always receive a high volume of applicants, and are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest. We’d love to keep your CV on file however, for future opportunities that may arise.
If you’d like to arrange an introductory call, to discuss your requirements contact us on or email us on .
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or visit Greenhill Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job