Abattoir Senior Supervisor – Hull
Salary: 37K per annum
Our Client is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors. An exciting new opportunity has arisen for to join Abattoir Senior Supervisor.
The purpose of the role is to effectively manage the day to day operations of the Abattoir and any staff in your charge, ensuring that the targets defined by the Abattoir Manager are continually achieved.
The main duties are:
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of the slaughter process from delivering best dressed carcass to ensuring product yields are met at all times.
- To ensure planned outputs are achieved precisely, economically and to the predetermined quality standards.
- Ensure that lost production time is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure an exceptional level of internal/external customer service through on time deliveries and minimal customer returns.
- Manage the correct levels of staff required to fulfil customer demands ensuring that labour costs are kept to a minimum where possible.
- Manage all staffing attendance levels and deal with the disciplinary processes where necessary.
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations.
- Effectively harness, motivate and develop their team in order to reduce staff turnover and encourage maximum productivity.
- Deputise for the Abattoir Manager in his absence ensuring that normal operations are maintained at all times.
- Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to improve
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area
- Objectively assess the team’s performance and develop improvement plans by way of succession planning
- Ensure that Department Managers are accountable for their area of responsibility
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
- Ensure adherence to all standards and processes relating to CCP monitoring, glass, complaints, label verifications and other paperwork in your area
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
- Uphold good housekeeping and hygiene practices to ensure product safety, with particular attention to temperature control and general hygiene
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (food related)
- Proven track record of managing teams
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Proven track record in cost control, health and safety, management of quality systems and change management programmes
- Ability to interact with high profile customers
- All core training and mandatory procedures
- All relevant site/area policies, procedures & processes (including customer specific requirements)
- Experience in continuous improvement and lean principles/tools
- Level 2 Food Safety
Key Skills/ Experience: Level 2 Food Safety, IOSH, FMCG Manufacturing, food services, Abattoir, Supervisor, slaughter process, carcass, production, quality, health, safety and environment, cost optimisation, customer service, project delivery, retail, CCP Monitoring, Health and Safety
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- Abattoir Senior Supervisor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'