Looking for a new challenge that can be flexible around your schedule? Do you relish in helping others and like to help individuals reach their potential? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have the perfect opportunity for you...
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting Specialist Mentors specialising in Mental Health or ASD to work with students at Bangor University. In this role you will be supporting students with learning disabilities/mental health conditions who require one to one mentoring support to help them with academic life.
Specialist Mentors provide one to one assistance to students and work with an individual learning plan. As a Mentor, you will encourage your students to take responsibility for their learning and provide them with the tools to develop their skills. Not only will you encourage your students to become more confident and independent learners to help enhance their studies, you will help them embrace this for future life. You may adapt your sessions to suit the student needs and always put the student and their goals first.
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro-rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £23 per hour + holiday pay and other benefits
- Working for the UK's leading provider
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
You will help your students with:
- Time management
- Assignment planning
- Enhancing social skills and confidence
- Developing skills for managing academic stress
You will work closely with Randstad and Bangor University regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
As this is a specialist role, you must hold a professional membership with one of the following organisations:
For Mentoring (Mental Health) -
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Individual or Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) - Under a member institution
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/IAPT register/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Accredited Member
- Federation of Drugs & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- National Counsellor Accreditation Certificate (NCAC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Psychiatry
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
- Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP) Accredited Member
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - Mental Health Nurse/ community Mental Health nurse / Psychiatric Nurse.
- Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Full Clinical Individual Member
- Mental Health & Addictions Nurses (MHAN) Member
For Mentoring (ASD) -
- Any Undergraduate Degree + NAS Modules or,
- Postgraduate Degree in Autism or Aspergers or,
- Master of Arts /Education (MA /MEd) in Education (Autism or Special Educational Needs and Disability or Critical Disability Studies focussing on autism)
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally, you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
Do you meet all of the above requirements... then why not apply today?
Alternatively, contact us on if you have any questions or require further information.
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'