FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
My client is looking for a 7.5 Tonne Driver to join their busy team in Abingdon. The Driver will work as part of the depot "Front Line" distribution activity. You will pilot vehicles between the depot location and "Customer" premises - delivering goods in accordance with Manifests.
Duties will include:
- Ensure goods are delivered on time and to the correct location with accurate completion of associated paperwork.
- Ensure that daily vehicle checks are carried out and any defects are reported and remedied.
- All tachograph laws and regulations are adhered to. Driver must be smart in presentation and be able to support our aspiration to be the most professional logistics company.
Key accountability areas
- Oversee or check the safe loading of vehicle ensuring compliance with company and legislative safe working practices.
- Drive vehicle to destination(s) unloaded and install if required, to accordance with customer requirements and special instructions
- Installations must be completed to the trained standard, no shortcuts are to be taken, no tips are to be accepted and all scrap machines returned to depot for safe disposal
- Completion of delivery paperwork, ensuring customer signatures are obtained. This includes customer surveys, all details should be captured at the point of handover, each POD / Sign on glass must be signed and returned to the Transport office
- The driver will conduct his deliveries in the best possible way and in line with their training received
- Good personal hygiene
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Ensure Company business is treated in the strictest confidence and not disclosed to persons outside the Company.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times
- Maintain and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, to be aware of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS18001 and to appreciate the responsibility you have to adhere to the respective procedures.
- Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system BS EN ISO 9001 and adhere to the respective procedures.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping through observance of relevant Company policies and ensure that work areas are secure and locked when unoccupied.
- Where appropriate challenge and determine reasons for presence on site of any unauthorised person.
- Attend any development training as required in compliance with the Company’s commitment to the Investors in People standard.
Skills / Experience / Training required:
- C1 Licence
- Microsoft Office
JOB TITLE: 7.5 Tonne Driver
SECTOR: Driving & Industrial
PAY: £10 per hour £11 Overtime
JOB TYPE: Temp - Perm
M4 Recruitment Limited is an employment business and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Authority to issue an advertisement in respect of the above mentioned position has been obtained from the hirer concerned. We also have a number of unadvertised opportunities across the UK within the Automotive, Commercial, Logistics & Supply Chain and Sales sectors.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job