Driver Hire Reading are recruiting experienced multi drop collection and delivery 7.5t (Cat C1) drivers for a fantastic vacancy that has become available in Reading. This is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money in the run up until Christmas!
As a Collection and Delivery Driver your day will look like below:
- Typically start by planning your delivery route so local knowledge and experience of multi drop deliveries would be a huge benefit.
- Then before you leave the depot you will carry out the relevant safety checks on your vehicle.
- Your responsibilities then include collecting and delivering parcels both to households and businesses.
- You will scan parcels on and off route to ensure tracking information is available to customers and colleagues.
- You must enjoy driving, even at peak hours and be able to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg and be willing to work paid overtime including possible Saturday overtime.
Duties in the role involve you being responsible for providing a reliable, professional and efficient delivery service to customers, ensuring parcels are delivered safely and within set time-scales.
The start date and times for this role are:
- 28.11.2017 - 09:00 - 17:00
Duty times may vary and flexibility in this role will be key.
The assignment rate for this role is £11.00 per hour and £12.00 overtime paid after 8 hours.
Suitable candidates will:
- Have a valid full UK driving licence
- Have a valid CPC Card and Digital Tachgraph
- Have no more than 6 points on their licence (Minor offcences only, no DR10s or IN10s)
- Have PPE equipment (Safety shoes, and hi-vis jacket)
- Be a minimum age of 18 years old
In order to be considered for this role, we will need to submit your security vetting documents to Royal Mail which can take up to 6 weeks to be cleared. We urge all interested candidates to apply as soon as possible to ensure that all documentation is back on time for the start dates above.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"