We are recruiting for experienced CPC qualified Drivers to join our clients, dynamic team. The main responsibility of this role is to deliver and distribute the company’s products to the customers, ensuring delivery to the correct refrigeration standard and that, within reasonably practical constraints, all delivery times are met.
Key duties include:
- Arrive on site promptly at the correct time of starting as punctuality is paramount.
- Check that the vehicle is roadworthy and that the refrigeration equipment is functioning correctly and turned on.
- Ensure that at all times the interior and exterior of the vehicle is kept clean and tidy. Washing the vehicle when required.
- Check and load the vehicle for the day’s delivery, ensuring that the product load matches that of the delivery note.
- Ensure that the temperature of the refrigeration unit is set correctly.
- Undertake temperature monitoring activities when required.
- Ensure that the goods are loaded immediately onto the delivery vehicle without being left in ambient conditions for longer than is absolutely necessary.
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that customers’ delivery times are met.
- Ensure that empties and returned products are collected from customers at all times, ensuring that accurate paperwork details are recorded.
- Report to the Company, or its contracted distribution company, any malfunctions or deviations in performance with the vehicle or its associated equipment which may impair its ability to deliver products.
- Abide with legislative requirements of driver hours and ensure that tachographs are correctly completed and handed to the Company for record keeping.
- Ensure that thermographs are correctly installed, fully operational and replaced on a weekly basis.
- Pallet handling, Cage Handlings, Dolly Handling. etc,
- Basic Vehicle maintenance. Oil, water, bulbs etc.
- Ensure that the professional image of the Company is maintained by being well presented, polite and courteous.
- Any ad hoc duties
- Must hold license to drive 7.5 tonne or larger vehicle driving license (Category C and above)
- Previous experience in multi drop delivery.
- Must have a good command of the English language.
- Must be prepared to work on early starting mornings and weekend shifts when required.
- Must be able to complete paperwork related to the role, and have a good standard of basic mathematics.
- Reliable and prompt in attendance.
- Honesty. You may be required to handle cash.
- To be calm and polite to both customers and the general public at all times.
- Experienced in completing 15 - 20 drops a day in various locations.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We are offering a competitive salary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary education
- Driving: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications:
CPC (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence)
Temp - perm (permanent position available)
- 7.5 tonne
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job