Driver Hire Reading are recruiting 5 postal workers for an excellent vacancy that has become available in Basingstoke.
Our customer is the sole provider of delivering mail in the UK.
As a postal worker, you will be required to deliver mail, working in all weathers delivering the mail either on foot or in a shared van. You will start your day by collecting pre-sorted mail for it to be delivered. You will then deliver the mail; the average delivery walk lasts approximately 3 ½ hours and each day will have to deliver approximately 6 - 8 mail bags which can weigh up to 16 kg.
Person Specification for postal workers:
• Able to walk for 4 hours delivering the mail carrying mailbags up to 16kg
• Ability to understand and communicate in English
• Flexible and adaptable
• Good interpersonal, numerical and writing skills
• Adult literacy levels to read postcodes and addresses with tested checking skills
• Excellent customer service skills - this role is the public face of Royal Mail
• No Unspent criminal convictions.
Experience being a postal worker is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
To be considered for this role, we will need to submit your security vetting documents to our client which can take up to 2 days to be cleared.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job