About the Company: Our client is successful manufacturing company, based on the outskirts of Derby who are looking for an experienced 5 Axis + Machine Setter to join their business.
Key Responsibilities: To provide on-time, on quality, on-cost fulfilment of Operations deliverables against customer requirements. Working with the machine shop manager and supervisors to deliver timely and efficient supply of machined components through implementation of the published work to list and proactive organisation of your workload.
- Production: - Machine components from various material types in accordance with stage or customer drawings, to the required standard and quality requirements defined within the drawings or the supporting documentation.
- Safe working environment: - ensure that your work area is safe and you are working safely. That you are complying with the local safety requirements of the site.
- Machine Utilisation: - by use of agreed metrics improve and maintain machine utilisation to a world class standard of 85%. Machine utilisation will be defined and any activity carried out within the process that adds value to the component.
- Delivery of cost reduction plans: - Support and implement agreed delivery and cost reduction opportunities.
- Daily Reporting against production Issues: - Ensure that all positive and negative issues are communicated through the team leaders or the appropriate shift books
- Control of Machines: - Adhering to Maintenance schedule, carrying out daily checks, completing asset care documentation and Advising repair requirements.
- Control of Consumables: - Vending only what is required to complete the operation or component.
- Time served and a knowledge in 4 and 5 axis machining.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Use of Fanuc, Siemens , Heidenhain and Mazatrol controllers.
- Experience within a production environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and using all forms of written media.
- Forward thinker.
- Decision maker able to work independently and as part of the manufacturing team.
- Must have the ability to challenge the current methods of manufacture in order to improve processes.
- Quality orientated, and committed to right first time.
- Flexible and capable of performing tasks and duties as required by the business.
Desirable qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills & competencies
- Time served C&G or HNC level educated.
- Ability to program offline or on the machine to support engineering would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Mazatrol controls and understanding Mazatrol programming.
- Knowledge of Lean methodology (5s, Kazan, 6 sigma).
What's in it for you? This is a permanent full time position working 39 hours per week Monday - Friday. Salary up to £13-14.00 per hour depending on experience.
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV or telephone for further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job