£40k-£45k - Oil & Gas - Key Account Manager - Gateshead
We are in the market for an experienced Key Account Manager that currently works within the Oil & Gas sectors and who lives in the Gateshead area.
Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, the Key Account Manager will have responsibility for sales deliverables and maximising revenue potential and growth on strategic customer accounts. You will utilise your sales, technical and project management skills to improve customer satisfaction by answering their technical and commercial enquiries in a timely manner.
As the Key Account Manager you will develop, continually improve and communicate status on deliverables to customers, surpassing their expectations in order to confirm PPS as their preferred supplier. Key to this role will be your ability to act as the customer voice to all internal stakeholders, communicating qualified sales opportunities and agreeing achievable delivery dates with timelines to an agreed price level in alignment with both NOV's and our customer's business. Your understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes and products will act as a foundation to you developing PPS product knowledge.
Crucial to this role will be your ability to drive continual improvement processes, enhancing yours and the team's performance and capabilities, together with your appreciation of the commercial implications of decision-making; you will have success in turning customer-driven requirements into profitable solutions.
• Liaise competently, confidently and promptly with your customer accounts, developing an excellent working relationship and attend to their requirements or requests timely, efficiently and diligently ensuring that customers receive the highest level of customer service from all areas of the organisation.
• Revenue responsibility for customer accounts reporting increases and future plans of customer accounts - maintain open and constant communication with customers to gain information on their future strategy and communicate back to the key stakeholders for future planning. Highlight any gaps in the product line to the R&D team to establish if they are commercially viable.
• Effectively qualify opportunities, offering the customer insight into the available options, to verify that proposals interpret their requirements correctly so that the company is in the best possible position to win any potential business and therefore maximise revenue on the account.
• Effectively grow revenue with existing accounts and actively engage in adding new accounts.
• Oversee projects for your customer accounts with the support of the Engineer To Order team.
• Drive a culture of customer focus by initiating communication with key stakeholders within the site to increase their awareness of the customers' needs and expectations.
• Responsible for achieving internal sales KPIs and metrics - increase quotation to order conversion rates, identify reasons for non-conversion (communicate these to internal stakeholders) and make recommendations for improvement to secure future orders.
• Monitor and priortise customer issues, feedback, deadlines, and deliverables and ensure customer issues are handled effectively and quickly, adapting, improving and communicating internal processes as and where necessary.
• Acting as main point of contact for all your customer account enquiries, evaluating the customer's requirements, accurately costing the scope of supply with involvement as required by the company, evaluating risk, and ensuring high quality quotations are produced by your team which meet the customers' requirements and adhere to the company's commercial and compliance policies.
• Regularly liaise with the Customer Support Manager where necessary to co-ordinate the correct technical and commercial response to the client.
• Support effective communications within all areas of manufacturing and supply chain ensuring that relevant information is supplied or received promptly as part of the quotation, order receipt or order execution phase of the process.
• Oversee/manage any commercial changes to a quotation or order and communication of the same to the customer.
• Review customer enquiries and orders, ensuring that technical and commercial evaluations of the customer's enquiry or order and relevant specifications have been carried out. Complete the contract review highlighting and notifying the involved departments of their input to the order and alerting the Customer Support Manager to any non-standard commercial requirements that may impact the company or create risk.
• Ensure all quotations and orders for your customer accounts are handled in accordance with customer and compliance requirements.
• Preparing and issuing of status reports for both internal and external use and holding conference calls, where required.
• Customer visits, client office based support and occasional intercompany travel throughout area as and when required.
• Promote ISE organisation and values.
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
• Willing to respond to urgent customer requests for information using company mobile phone or laptop.SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products an
- Account Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job