Becoming an SC Cleared 3rd line Unix server Systems Engineerwith Capita Enterprise Services:
Based in Barrow-in-furness, Cumbria this role is to join the on-site Unix server support team. The role includes supporting Unix server and OS infrastructure and the delivery of new server services to the client. Candidates MUST be eligible totake SC Clearance and be a sole British National.
What you will do:
- Work within a dedicated on-site support team
- Support an extensive Sun/Oracle server environment.
- Support Solaris 10 & 11 and Suse Linux 11 OS environments
- Monitor services using Uptime environment management toolset
- Implement changes to the existing environment and implement new services
- Work within a defined SLA and proactively manage the team ticket queue
- Work with other 3rd parties to collectively support the same customer
- Document existing and new service environments
- Cover on-site between 8.00-4.30 M-T (8.00-13.00 F)
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call rota
- Out of Hours working is an expected part of the job
- Up to two days per week working from home negotiabl
Your experience will include:
- SC Cleared ideally or eligible to take clearance
- Knowledge and experience of Sun/Oracle server
- Knowledge and experience of Solaris OS 10, 11 and Suse Linux OS 11,12
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle VM server (zones & LDOM) and Oracle clustering
- Experience of Uptime management software useful
- Experience of Oracle Operations Centre toolset useful
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build & maintain excellent working relationships with internal & external customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products useful
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
About Capita Enterprise Services
Capita Enterprise Services is part of our IT Services business and is a customer-focused, trusted IT services provider that brings together the right people, processes and technology to transform an organisation's IT services. From individual IT services to a total IT outsource or even our value-added reseller service; we get to know your challenges and design the right solution for you. Interested? Join our talented team here and you'll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of customers covering both public and private sectors.
IT Services are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=LA141FD&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=LA141FD&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- 3rd line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'