This role would suit an enthusiastic Technician, who is keen to work on cutting edge projects, interfacing with all areas of our business.
• Provide technical support for all existing and new technology used within the Group
• Implement, develop and support the desktop, server, SAN and software infrastructure estate
• Identify areas for improvement within supported systems by the proactive analysis of incident root causes
• Maintain and improve technical knowledge of internal systems and the technical marketplace in which these operate
• Act as a technical escalation point for 1st and 2nd line team members in order to resolve incidents and provide resolution
• Work with 3rd party suppliers and support teams to resolve escalated incidents related to the IT estate
• Monitor and maintain all environments to ensure agreed system availability, performance and security is maintained
• Provide technical knowledge, expertise and consultancy on infrastructure project work
• Analyse incident trend information to drive change to processes, procedures, systems and services within the Infrastructure team
• Provide technical resource for application releases and enhancements, working closely with onshore development teams
Required technical skills and experience:
• Experience of working in an enterprise environment
• Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere & Hyper V
• Advanced knowledge of key infrastructure platforms and tools: Active Directory, Exchange 2016, Microsoft Terminal Services, VDI, Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Office 365
• Experience of MS SharePoint 2013
• Strong working knowledge of System Centre 2012 including Operations and Virtual Machine Manager & Configuration Manager
• Strong understanding of WAN & LAN networking concepts including: TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A flexible and adaptable approach to working
• Advanced knowledge/experience of IT systems - delivery, maintenance and support
• Strong understanding of ISS and Application Web Services & Group Policy
• MCSE qualified
• VMWare and/or Hyper V Certification
• ITIL qualified
• Experience of Cisco UCS hardware (preferred)
• Experience in the financial services industry would be advantageous
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job