3rd Line Systems Engineer: VMware, Azure, Hyper-V
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 4JU
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 plus Company Benefits
Contract: Full time, permanent
Syscomm are a Coventry based MSP delivering cutting-edge Network, Cloud & Security solutions from our own UK network of Private Cloud Data Centres. We are seeking highly skilled Systems Engineers to join our team to support BAU, Incident Response and Project Delivery for our Customers.
We operate a fast-paced, high-tech MSP environment using our own Data Centres to build integrated solutions for a diverse Client base. You will be a technical expert in the core areas of the role, and will have the opportunity to broaden your experience within other areas of the business.
The role suits an Engineer who enjoys variety and can thrive in a Customer focussed, fast paced environment. You will have a depth and breadth of 3rd Line skills to deliver projects, provide senior Incident Response and assist the 2nd line teams with BAU Systems Support.
3rd Line Systems responsibilities include:
• Design, Implementation and Maintenance of:
o VMware, Hyper-V and Veeam Infrastructure
o Microsoft Stack - Server, AD, Azure, O365, Exchange, SQL
o System Security - Azure AD, MFA, Conditional Access, ADFS, Firewalls
o Service Availability - Clustering, Load Balancing, Maintenance & Capacity Management
• Provide guidance to the Support Team on escalated incidents
• Provide support to Customers requiring expert assistance or IT consultancy
• Following ITIL best practice, with a focus on Customer Security & Network Availability
• Provide technical consultancy to drive innovation within Syscomm and our Customers.
To maintain critical IT Services in our non-stop world, the role will involve occasional out of hours working and participation in a team on-call rota.
You will be a motivated self-starter able to work alongside management to drive the business forwards through technology. You will have five years’ experience preferably within a similar fast-paced role within an IT Service Provider environment.
• Infrastructure expertise across VMware, Hyper-V, Azure
• Systems expertise across Azure AD, ADFS, O365 Migrations, Exchange and SQL
• Good understanding of Network Routing and Firewalling
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Full UK driving license and your own car
• You must be eligible to work in the UK
• Experience with Linux, Fortinet, Cisco, Mitel, Veeam and SD-WAN are desirable
What’s on Offer:
We encourage technical breadth and opportunities will be provided to build skills across multiple technologies. Our open-door culture supports employee involvement, training and development within the company.
• Starting salary in the region of £40,000 - £45,000
• 25 days holiday
• Free Broadband
• Private Pension
• Flexible Working
• Paid Expenses
• Plus other Corporate benefits
We’re keen to make and early appointment if your CV is suitable and you fit the role we will contact you within 3 days following receipt of your CV.
Strictly NO agencies please.
Keywords: Administration, Infrastructure Architect, Infrastructure Manager, Technical Consultant, Systems Administrator, MCSA, MCSE, MCSD
- 3rd Lind
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'