3rd Line Support
Our client who is a leader in their field strives to provide the best customer service at all times. Timely resolution of issues is key to their reputation so accurate and detailed analysis of issues is required, as well as solid IT technical skills.
The appointed 3rd Line Support will be required to provide remote, onsite and workshop IT support to customers and help grow the business and its reputation by their technical expertise and day-to-day performance.
• Provide support for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd line engineers and act as an escalation point for customers
• Provide lead engineer role to the Project Manager on 3rd line infrastructure projects
• Meet with customers and to understand the organisation strategy and work with Technical Architect and /or Solutions Architect to create IT solutions that meet those needs
• Maintain the network, ensuring that any items of risk are highlighted or removed from the infrastructure
• Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails and provide senior technical support to customers
• Work with Project Managers and ensure that all 3rd line infrastructure projects are completed within time and costs
• Correctly log and update tickets with the required information relating to support requests
• Manage own ticket queue and workload, ensuring it is scheduled in an efficient manner
• Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to 2nd Line and 1st Line staff
• Provide pre-sales support to existing customers
• Highlight and complete proactive maintenance for customers
• 3 years’ or more experience working in an IT support environment covering a number of different technical areas
• Experience with working on IT infrastructure projects where responsible for planning, installation and documentation
• English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent and good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face
• Have at least 1 formal IT qualification preferred higher education or above and / or suitable IT qualification in a recognised area Cisco CCNA, MSCA, MSCE, etc…
• Will have excellent customer service skills
• Will have experience in troubleshooting Microsoft environments
• Will have a willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable working within a team or on own initiative
• A full UK driving license
• Excellent documentation skills
Technical Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
• Excellent working knowledge of windows 7/8/10
• Excellent working knowledge of Office 2003/2010/2013/2016/365
• Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/365 implementation experience
• Good working knowledge of major networking components, to include networking operating systems, basic configuration and maintenance, switches, router and firewalls.
• Backup configuration and maintenance experience
• Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
- Line Support
- Project Managers
- Technical Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'