Job Title: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Location: Poole, Dorset
Benefits: Private Healthcare (currently BUPA) after 12 months
Hours: 09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
A vacancy has arisen for a motivated, 'hands on' and competent 3rd Line Support IT Technician to join our client's team.
You will be working within the support team and work closely with the directors providing mostly 3rd line support and services. You will work on a range of tasks, which will be very diverse.
You will be supporting a wide range of clients with differing setups, across all industries, SME sized (2 to 150 users). Most clients are local to Poole/Bournemouth and surrounding areas, but some travel to further sites will be required. Full driving license is essential - a shared company van is provided for a majority of journeys, but you should also be willing to use your own car when necessary.
- Providing 3rd Line support to a wide range of clients
- Involvement in numerous client projects
- Take ownership of more complex problems through to resolution
- Overseeing senior client accounts to ensure they are receiving the required level of service
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, network, wireless and broadband problems - diagnosing and solving. Both remotely and on customer sites. Primarily 3rd Line support.
- On-site installation and configuration of desktop and server hardware, software and peripherals
- Installation and configuration of router/firewall devices and wireless networks
- Administration and troubleshooting of customer cloud-based services - including Microsoft Office 365 services
- Administration and troubleshooting of customer on-premise servers - including Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server and backups
- Liaising with third party hardware and software vendors for support when required
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology
You should be self-motivated and experienced 3rd Line Support engineer who is keen to learn and advance your technical knowledge. You should be able to work on your own (sometimes under pressure for time or technical issues), but also as an important part of a small, friendly, team of engineers and office staff, part of the role involves mentoring and developing junior engineers. The role is customer facing and representative of the Company, so your customer facing and liaison skills must be exceptional.
- 3 years minimum 3rd Line support experience
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server, Windows 7/10, IP Networking and Firewalls
- Full driving license and own vehicle - (you will be required to use your own car on some occasions, and therefore must be insured for business use. Mileage allowances for business related trips will be reimbursed monthly)
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job