3rd Line Support Engineer
Salary up to £35k DOE
Our client is now looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their team. Ideally the successful candidate will have at least 3 years + experience and be from a Managed Services background, although other backgrounds will be considered.
Established for over 20 years and with an outstanding reputation, they are a friendly, successful and ambitious company conveniently located in the heart of Kent and within easy reach of Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone. With continued and rapid growth year-on-year, they are now planning their next exciting period of future business growth. With further investment in more staff and with the best years yet to come, now is the perfect time to join them and be a part of their next chapter and continued success.
Building upon another record services year, they are looking to recruit another Engineer to join their friendly Services Team. Working from modern open plan offices, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is customer-focused, technical and has excellent communication skills looking to further their career and thrive in an enjoyable working environment.
As part of the dedicated services team, you will closely work with the base of new and existing clients supporting, maintaining and improving their IT Infrastructure.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, they proactively encourage all staff to progress their careers by not only providing an exciting and varied working exposure, but they also fund key technical certifications such Microsoft MCPs. All the technical staff are Microsoft Certified Professionals and are encouraged to progress their certifications. To help with this, they provide 2 weeks of dedicated study time for training towards these certifications.
Substantial IT experience is required with technologies including:
Server Operating Systems (Windows 2003/2008, 2012/2016)
Exchange Server (2010+)
Switches / Routers
Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 to 10)
Any Virtualisation (VMware and Hyper V) would be a distinct advantage
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert or equivalent
- Qualifications in Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Hyper V
- Cisco experience or certification and Terminal Services / Citrix Metaframe experience is desirable
- Microsoft Skype for Business, SharePoint, Azure
- Database skills, database administration/SQL knowledge and experience
Key Tasks will include:
- Tier 2/3 Support across a variety of systems and clients
- Escalation point from junior members
- Shared responsibility for health of Service board
- Proactive Monitoring Systems (NOC) Alerts
- Onsite Support where necessary
- Training and support of junior team members
- Client documentation
- Evaluation and exposure to new technologies and products for resale potential
- Part of Out-of-hours On-Call team rota
- Full driving license/car owner is essential
Benefits include company annual bonus, pension scheme, dedicated training days, perkbox
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job