The role will primarily be located in Manchester, but will involve travel to other sites within the group as dictated by service needs. There will be a requirement in this role to occasionally work unsocial hours.
Knowledge and Abilities:
* Excellent technical working knowledge of current Microsoft network and client operating systems including Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 including:
o Installation and configuration
o Group Policy Management
o Security Group Management
o Active Directory
o Server Administration Tools
* Good working Knowledge of Exchange Server with minimum of one year experience administering a live system.
* Excellent working knowledge of VMware with at least two years' experience working on a live platform.
* Ability to diagnose technical & configuration issues in the windows environment for use in resolving and troubleshooting faults.
* A broad and detailed working knowledge of computer & network connectivity hardware.
* Good understanding of CISCO routing and switching technologies with the ability to troubleshoot basic problems and make basic configuration changes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Ability to conduct and manage research into ICT issues and products.
* Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Positive attitude towards learning and development, with a willingness to engage in continuing professional development where required.
3rd Line Support Engineer X 3 - Manchester - £35-40K.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to or call for more information.
3rd Line Support Engineer X 3 - Manchester £35-40K.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job