3rd Line Support Engineer (Managed Services)- Milton Keynes - NEW
Focus IT have the pleasure of working with this WELL established IT Solutions Company. Due to demand they are seeking a Technical Specialist to compliment their existing support division.
As the Technical Specialist (3rd Line Support) your role is to deliver an excellent technology focused support service to all clients and internal teams. You will be taking ownership of and managing Problems, Major Incidents and escalations as required. There will also be a requirement for some involvement with the delivery of Project work.
Key duties are as follows:
• Provision of escalation support for colleagues and clients. These will typically by the higher priority and more technically challenging issues.
• Taking ownership of these escalated issues and managing them as either Problems or Major Incidents through to resolution.
• Within Problem Management, you will have a responsibility for identification and root cause analysis of recurring incidents/problems. This will mean continued investigation with recommendations beyond any initial fix applied to work around the problem.
• Assisting with delivery of Project work and Change Management requests as required. › Provision of training, knowledge transfer and documentation for Clients and the Technical and Service Delivery teams.
• Keeping up to date with new technologies including relevant technical training and certifications as required by the business.
• You will need to have the ability to present and articulate technical concepts to both internal teams and clients as appropriate.
The ideal Technical Specialist (3rd Line Support) will come from an outsourced or IT service background, with impeccable customer service skills. You will be proficient in Windows Servers security diagnostics, Terminal Services, and Virtualisation.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a senior 2nd Line Support role or
• At least 1 years’ experience in a 3rd Line infrastructure support role › Excellent problem solving skills
• An MCITP qualification or similar for this role would be highly beneficial towards your application.
• Worked within a managed service environment or IT Service Company.
We require you to have knowledge and experience with the following technologies (with relevant certifications to support):
• Microsoft Server and associated infrastructure technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN’s, DFS, etc.
• Strong experience in supporting and diagnosing network related issues
• Desktop / Client Operating Systems
• MS Exchange / Office 365
• Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V)
• AV and Mail Scanning technologies
• Terminal Services / Virtual Desktop o Could / offsite backup technologies
At least 2 years’ experience in a senior 2nd Line Support role or
At least 1 years’ experience in a 3rd Line infrastructure support role
Excellent problem solving skills
If you have the above skill sets and great exposure to client facing technical support then this is a great opportunity for you to work for this dynamic and rewarding organisation.
The role is based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and is commutable from Northampton, Bedfordshire, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Luton and North London.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this dynamic market leader.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job