3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer - Managed Services
Hours: Monday - Friday, 09:00AM - 17:30PM
Location: Aldgate, London
Salary: Up to £50,000 + On Call
Do you have the ability to support multiple technologies, over 2,500 servers and large hosted environments?
Do you want to work in a company with clear progression routes into consultancy, architecture or specialist technical areas?
Your new role
The role of a 3rd Line Specialist sits within our Managed Services infrastructure team, on an ITIL focused support desk.
It will be your responsibility totroubleshoot and resolve complex server infrastructurefaults for over 100 clients, across various vendors and platforms - primarily CITRIX, VMWare and Microsoft technologies.
As a technical point of escalation, you will have the opportunity to provide support and mentoring to junior members. You will also get support from the Cloud, NOC and Professional Services teams, and build on your own expertise through knowledge sharing.
You will be part of a team who are not restricted in issues they support and are able to develop their skill-set whilst in the role.
What you’ll need to succeed
We need somebody with an affinity for cloud/server technologies, and an analytical mind-set. You should have an advanced understanding of supporting server infrastructure.
We’d like you to be subject expert in certain areas, whilst having a good understanding of generalist infrastructure faults.
An adaptable approach and the ability to think on your feet is necessary, because each client’s infrastructure is different.
- Previous experience in a 3rd Line infrastructure support role
- Previous experience supporting, maintaining and managing VMWare, Citrix and Windows environments.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 Framework
- Ability to work under own initiative, manage own time, and work to deadlines
Experience with troubleshooting, supporting and managing the following:
- Citrix XenApp, XenServer and XenDesktop (including MCS and PVS)
- Virtualised server environments (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Microsoft infrastructure stack (Exchange, AD, SQL, Server 2003 - 2016, System Center, Skype for Business)
- Exchange 2003 - 2016/Office 365
Ideally, you will possess an industry standard certification (MCSA, MCSE, VCP, CCA etc.) or at least knowledge to that level.
What's In It for You?
- Progression paths into 3rd Line, Professional Services, Cloud, Virtualisation and management.
- Individual development plans, designed to help you achieve your long-term goals
- Access to a wide range of technical training materials and courses
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies from all vendors.
- Work with customers from all verticals
- Autonomy and freedom to manage your own time and workload
- Work in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment delivering a world-class service.
- Comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday, free fruit, season ticket loans, local gym discount, vitality health cover)
- Feel consistently supported in your role and development for the future
"Achieve the status whereby Exponential-e 3.0 is formally acknowledged among our peers, competitors and clients as the most advanced and innovative business technology enabler in The World. A World-class company..."
Exponential-e is a British cloud and connectivity pioneer with a difference. Its cloud services do not traverse the public Internet. Instead, they reside (logically) on a customer's LAN, on the clean side of the firewall so security and privacy concerns are negated. Exponential-e wholly owns a super-fast 100 Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 VPLS Network that guarantees a superior level of resilience, reliability and performance. Exponential-e also integrates with third party providers and bespoke applications for both the Enterprise and SMEs with an end-to-end SLA.
That’s why it’s trusted by over 2,800 customers, boasts 96% customer reference-ability, features in the London Stock Exchange's Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, and is included in Investec’s Top 100 fastest growing UK Mid-Market companies.
'Your Cloud is only as good as your network’
What you need to do now
Exponential-e are a company that hire for attitude and train for skills, so even if you don’t tick all of the boxes and still want to be a part of a company on the up, please click "apply now".You will end up at our careers page, where you can
- Managed Services
- Windows Server
- 3rd Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job