3rd Line Network Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000 p/a DOE
Are you a productive 3rd Line Network Engineer looking for a new role with a very successful company?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a 3rd Line Network Engineer to work with one of their well-established and reputable clients based in Peterborough.
The main purpose of the role will be to respond to 3rd Line incidents logged on the incident management system and providing Managed Firewall Services and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
Principle Responsibilities of the 3rd Line Network Engineer:
- Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
- Provide support as part of the 24x7 out of hour's rota.
- Maintain technical accreditations in line with catalogued services. Cisco, Fortigate, HP, Checkpoint, F5, Palo Alto.
- Escalate and work with vendors when required.
- Setup and complete scheduled tasks when required.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager /Service Delivery Managers.
- Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
- Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
- Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
- Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
- Work with consultants to better understand issues and solutions.
- Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Proven Customer service Skills
- Proven experience delivering projects and complex changes.
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Extensive and proven expierence in one or some of the below technologies.
- Checkpoint - Must hold latest Checkpoint certification
- Cisco technologies including switching and routing.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Punctual, reliable, positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution, or to identify when escalation is necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to work in a team and support team members
- Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
- Desirable skills: Fortinet, F5, Palo Alto, HP, Citrix NetScaler, Cisco Nexus (5k, 7k), Cisco Call Manager, Tiger, Basic knowledge of ITIL, Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
This is a Full-time Permanent 3rd Line Network Engineer position, working Monday to Friday where opening hours are between 08:00-18:00 (you will do a 8.5 hour shift between those hours), offering an annual salary of up to £45,000 p/a DOE.
If this 3rd Line Network Engineer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to James Tate at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'