360 Recruitment are a specialist IT recruiter, currently recruiting for 3rd Line IT Service Desk Engineer ( Office & WFH) to join one of the fastest-growing MSPs in the UK.
3rd Line IT Service Desk Engineer ( Technical Lead)
Up to £42,000 basic ( Total Package Up to £54,000 Per Year)
(If your salary requirement is higher than advertised, we are still keen to hear from you)
+ KPI Bonus’s, £400 per Month (£4,800 per Year)
+ Shift Allowance £300 per Month (£3,600 per Year)
+ Weekend Bonus, £150 for Each Weekend Day Worked
25 Days Holiday
We are looking for a candidate who can start as soon as possible/ in line with your notice period.
Remote role (Home Based)
Office Based (Various locations available, Poole, Leeds, Wakefield or Telford)
Due to the nature of the IT Industry, the 3rd Line IT Service Desk Engineer is required to work 1 week of evening shifts + 1 weekend day every 6 weeks. This will be discussed further at interview stage.
3 Weeks of Normal working hours
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm.
1 Week of Evening shifts
Monday - Friday, 3.00pm - 10.00pm
1 Weekend day (either a Saturday or a Sunday) once every 2 weeks (Extra Pay, £150 Per Day)
NOTE: Night Shift (£3,600 Bonus)
1 Month in every 8 months working the following Night Shift;
4 Nights ON, 4 Nights OFF
Key responsibilities for the 3rd Line IT Service Desk Engineer:
Now is an exciting time to be working with our client as they have new technologies, new markets and new solutions driving them forward.
The client is focused upon SME to Enterprise-level organisations and boast an extensive established corporate client base throughout the UK. They are looking for someone with a broad range of skills (not every technology is a must for this role).
Our client offers a full spectrum of managed IT products including full IT support, Unified Communications, Cloud Infrastructure, Security & Compliance, and Network & Infrastructure. With further plans for expansion and their genuine desire and commitment to help their colleagues maximise their full potential, providing ongoing training and fully supporting and funding qualifications, this is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to grow their career long term.
You will join the 24x7 Shift Pattern and be the technical lead working with members of our Global Service Desk team to achieve SLA.
The 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer will deliver remote technical engineering to the customer base and act as a point of escalation for support staff, providing an expert knowledge to SME to Enterprise Clients, across the latest infrastructure technologies and legacy systems. You will support the 1st and 2nd Line Engineers within the service desk teams on a wide range of leading technologies including but not limited to Microsoft, Citrix and VMWare. The 3rd Line IT Service Desk Engineer will be desk based, working on critical/P1 incidents, supporting and mentoring colleagues and supporting into projects when required.
- Act as the Technical Lead for a shift as required working with Incident and Service Delivery Management.
- Proactive monitoring of allocated assignment groups and personal queues.
- Resolution of technical issues escalated by 1st and 2nd line
- Proactively communicate with internal colleagues, third parties and customers, to ensure customer is appraised on progression the path to resolution.
- Successful BAU project delivery on customer systems
- Patching / updates of key infrastructure and services related to customer accounts
- Updating internal systems and documentation with relevant information
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Achievement of SLAs for response and resolution.
- Customer Satisfaction is a key indicator of quality of service and target will adjust in line with continuous service improvement.
- Work across teams within the Group and with third parties on escalation of problems and major incidents
- Supporting equipment (servers, workstations, routers, switches, load balancers etc.)
- Diagnostics of IT faults
- Carrying out project work and IT upgrades for customers systems
- Migrating and upgrading servers to new hardware and Cloud solutions
- Remote work including remote diagnostic and repair of faults
- Taking on escalated tickets from 1st tier
- Taking on critical priority tickets
- Monitoring e-mails, logging tickets and following up chases
- Installation of new software solutions
- Experience of Citrix, Exchange / O365, MS SBS 2003 -2011, MS server OS 2003 -2016, Azure
- SANs, Switches, Routers and general networking
- Strong diagnostic mind-set to action and resolve new issues
- Strong demonstrable skills in the management and migration of Exchange and Server operating systems
- Strong understanding of the management and installation of Hyper-V and/or VMWare
- Strong understanding of firewall technologies
- MCSE / MCSA is desirable
- Strong skillset in workstations and laptops (including windows OS)
- Repair and service of IT related faults and issues
- Installation of IT equipment and software
- Ability to speak to customers with a customer service focused goal
- Windows Server 2003-2016
- Exchange Server 2003-2013 (IIS and SSL configuration)
- Small Business Server 2003-2011
- MS Teams
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Server virtualisation (Hyper-V)
- Windows Desktop O/S
- Email integration (BES/BIS, Active Sync, etc.)
- Server roles (DFS, IIS and RDS)
- Remote access configuration and troubleshooting (VPN, RDP and Direct Access)
- Router / Firewall configuration including TCP/IP, NAT, PAT, static routing and Wi-Fi management.
- A capable and experienced Senior Systems Engineer with the ability to work interdependently and contribute to the support teams across the organisation.
If the role of 3rd Line IT Service Desk Engineer is right for you, please forward your CV to us and a specialist recruiter will be in contact with you immediately.
- 3rd Line Support
- Infrastructure Solutions
- Microsoft Solutions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'