Cathedral Appointments are seeking an experienced 3rd Line IT Consultant to join our client, with an exciting opportunity for growth. This is a permanent position, and the purpose of this role is to provide technical guidance and services in all aspects of systems integration to the business’s clients. You will be leading a team of three IT Support Engineers, encouraging their personal development and delegating work as needed.
- Participate in and contribute to the strategic direction of the technical function in line with the Company’s vision
- Design and deploy a range of technology solutions
- Use project management methodology to lead and manage a range of assignments
- Promote a consistent approach to customer service by sharing your technical knowledge and expertise across the department
- Liaise with clients and provide information on costs & estimations
- In-depth knowledge covering Microsoft desktop operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro as well as Microsoft server operating systems from Server 2008 to Server 2016.
- Server knowledge to cover build, configure and support all aspects of the operating system.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server versions 2010 to 2016 and intermediate knowledge of SQL Server administration.
- Project management skills and experience of at least 30 network installations, ranging from 5 machines to 50.
- Full understanding of Internet technologies including connectivity, firewall and router configuration, including port management.
- Full understanding of IP administration and domain DNS administration.
- In-depth knowledge of support hardware including desktops, laptops and servers & knowledge of physical networking.
- Ability to design, quote, purchase, build, plan, install, configure and administer network environments.
- Ability to manage, delegate and train IT engineers.
This is a permanent, full time position working for an established business in Exeter. You will form part of a dynamic IT support team and have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the department. There is real opportunity for progression in this role, so the successful candidate will be highly ambitious and offer strong business acumen, coupled with technical skills.
You must have a full UK driving license, as this role will occasionally involve on-site working.
If you have the skills and experience required, we would love to hear from you.
Free parking space, highly competitive pension scheme, flexible working hours (full time), life insurance & profit share which typically equates to one month's salary.
Keywords: Server, Migration, Active Directory LAN, WAN, WLAN, Office365, Microsoft, Windows Servers, iSCSI, SAN, IT Service Provider, IT, 3rd Line, Infrastructure Engineer, Technical Consultant, Deployment Engineer
We are currently receiving an overwhelming level of responses to our advertising and therefore if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Microsoft Exchange
- Router Configuration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job