Third Line Analyst
Care UK are a leading health and social care provider with over 120 homes throughout Scotland and the UK with a continuous new build programme.
The role will involve monitoring, managing and maintaining Care UK’s network infrastructure, administration of our Microsoft Exchange environment, SAN environment, VM environment and administration of IT management applications including LANDesk and Kaspersky. The role will also act as a point of escalation for the internal IT Service Desk, Remote Support, Infrastructure and Project teams. This will necessitate the participation in an On-call rota to cover Evenings and Weekends.
All Core Business System applications are currently hosted externally, so the role will require working closely with third parties to ensure problems are dealt with and all parties work effectively together. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring IT adheres to best practice and ITIL disciplines such as Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management and Availability Management.
The post holder will be required to visit Care UK sites in the UK and attend meetings at our various support offices e.g. London, Colchester
- Maintain existing Care UK Network & Server Infrastructure
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange 2010 Environment
- Administration of a large Active Directory (7000+ users)
- Administration and Management of VMWare / Vsphere (v5 and over)
- Administer File and Directory permissions for business divisions.
- Administer and develop Kaspersky Anti Virus solution, react and resolve all issues detected which could be a risk to the integrity of the Care UK environment.
- Ensure all security patch management and crucial updates for any Care UK applications have been tested and deployed in timely fashion via 3rd party.
- Assist with the development of new base images in keeping with the requirements of Care UK users.
- Help develop & test software deployment package to ensure new versions of software can be deployed to the Care UK estate in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and monitor data backups of all information and recover data when required.
- Administer and manage Email and Internet gateway solutions.
- Act as a point of escalation for other members of the IT department
- Mentor and develop the knowledge of other IT members whenever possible.
- Create and manage support documentation for all aspect of third line support including, hardware and software knowledge documents.
- Actively manage and monitor the third line call queue and ensure all calls are completed within SLA.
- Offer a proactive approach to IT at all times and take a lead role in driving forward the success of the Care UK IT Team
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and be prepared to work outside of normal hours when and if required.
- Actively partake in project work and tasks as and when required.
- To support infrastructure related projects across Care UK in order to deliver all group and divisional business applications.
- To maintain a thorough understanding of our service offerings, technical preferences and technical direction.
- To obtain the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- To recognise areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation
- To build expert knowledge in our industry.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- To manage day-to-day client interaction.
- Continually seeks and capitalises upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Recognise areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation.
- To tactfully communicate sensitive information to all stakeholders.
- To effectively communicate relevant practice information to superiors and peers in other divisions.
- To communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job