Job Title: 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Yiewsley, West Drayton
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Established in 1979 and incorporated in 1985, they're one of the largest independent IT service & support companies in the UK. Their philosophy of 'service beyond the call' delivers a high level of support to all of their client's communications and data management requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates are expected to be comfortable designing and delivering projects on customer sites using similar technologies skills and knowledge below, or to migrate business services running on these technologies to the company's cloud platform, or to Microsoft Azure, or to a hybrid cloud solution. Successful candidates would also take responsibility to resolve third line support issues, and to mentor members of the support team.
Knowledge of working for a managed services business would be advantageous.
The Successful Candidate:
- Microsoft Windows Server, AD, Exchange Server
- Microsoft RDS and RDS Gateways
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Office 365
- Citrix XenApp/CVAD, MCS, Citrix Cloud, NetScaler, StoreFront, Delivery Controllers
- VMware vSphere, with some experience of Hyper-V welcome
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Shared storage systems using iSCSI or FC, such as HPE Nimble, 3Par, MSA, SANsymphony, or Dell/EMC Unity
- HPE, Cisco, or Juniper network switch configuration
- Zerto or Carbonite replication technologies
- Thorough, demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Organized and able to identify and prioritize work
- Supportive and reliable team member
- Passionate about providing an enterprise class service
- Able to provide and demonstrate creative and innovative solutions
- Team leadership abilities
- Aptitude for providing exceptional customer service even when the environment becomes fast-paced or intense
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Able to work well to aggressive and pressurised deadlines
- Team player (building strong relationships with other support staff is key).
- Must appreciate importance of standards and need for long term planning.
- Methodical worker
- Excellent Time keeper
- Logical Thinker
- Prepared to be hands on (i.e. Practical)
- Flexible working hours
- Mandatory joining of a scheduled 24x7 on-call-rota
- Self-starter/ initiative
- Flexibility and commitment
- Customer facing skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both listening and verbal
- Competent in written communication skills along with presentation skills
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues with technical and non-technical audience
- Effectively communicates technical and product knowledge across the organization
- Demonstrates tact and empathy when communicating with business community
- Adapts to changing priorities and maintains a positive attitude
- Effectively uses teamwork skills to interact and collaborate on alternative approaches to issues throughout the organization
- Positively contributes to a high-morale/high-performance team culture, leading by example
- Requires analytical ability to troubleshoot and resolve common Server environment problems
- Participates in problem solving discussions and provides suggestions
- Takes initiative to make sound decisions based on information obtained from business community
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Senior Infrastructure Technician, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Senior Cloud Engineer, Network Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer may also be considered for this role.
- Network Engineer
- 3rd Line Support Engineer
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Senior Cloud Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Technician
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'