Job Title: Senior 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35k-£45k + on call Allowance
Due to a combination of internal progression and growth of the business we require an additional Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
To be the right person for this role, you will need a solid managed services background working in a 3rd Line / Senior Infrastructure position. This role will provide support for both Managed Service customer contracts, Customer Infrastructure Projects and Datacentre Infrastructure tasks.
With a structured training and development program, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer role offers great potential for development and the chance to join an experienced team with a broad technical knowledge base.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive organisation which is entering an exciting phase in its long term development.
- The role is to provide 3rd line Infrastructure / Server support for customer environments, be it on-premise server estates, or hosted privately or publically.
- The candidate will be expected to troubleshoot customer problems and diagnose where issues lie. The primary job function is providing senior technical support in a fast paced Managed Services IT environment.
To be successful in the Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be required to have significant infrastructure support experience within an ITIL environment, have a high technical ability and experience of 3rd line. Have a proven track record in problem solving and resolving complex issues and experience in researching and developing solutions.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Profiles, Group Policy
- Strong understanding of WAN & LAN networking concepts including: TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS
- Advanced knowledge of key infrastructure platforms and tools: Active Directory, Exchange 2013, 2016, Microsoft Terminal Services/RDS, VDI, Microsoft Server 2012/2016 (ideally, design & implementation experience)
- Windows Server 2003+R2, 2008+R2, 2012+R2, 2016
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere (ideally, design & implementation experience)
- VMware 5.5/6.0/6.5/6.7
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Server hardware HP
- Back-up and disaster recovery - Veeam / SRM
- SAN Storage (any vendor)
- Office 365 and Exchange Online
- Networking (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi and firewalls)
- Citrix XenApp & Microsoft RDS
- Citrix Implementation and Administration
- IBM Hardware
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012
- SQL Admin
- Exposure to networking - routers and switches
- Cloud hosting (Azure, AWS)
- Datacentre hosting
- SAN Designing and Scoping
- Cloud migration experience
- Linux Administration
- Excellent communications skills and a professional telephone manner is essential in this customer-focused role.
- Decision making with an analytical mind-set
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills
- Strong desire to continually improve customer service
- Planning and Organisation
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with technology
- High technical ability and experience of 3rd line is essential
- Strong diagnostic skills for system administration, server and network infrastructure
- Experience supporting a VDI environment
- Microsoft server qualifications are essential MCSA/MCITP 2008 and/or MCSA/MCSE 2012.
- Experience of 3nd line support and troubleshooting with live customers
- The applicant must have significant IT experience in a customer focused environment, primarily concentrating in technical support and investigative troubleshooting.
- A proven technical background
- Experience working within an ITIL environment
- Thorough understanding of Information Security best practices
Working hours are a weekly shift rotation between 08:00 - 18:00 to cover key support hours
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity, feel free to attach your CV or call our office for a confidential discussion. GK Recruitment Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'