Talented 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer required in Hatfield
3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer Job
Pay rate: £400 per day
Contract length: 1 month
Your new company
A leading IT service provider has a job requirement for a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing team in Hatfield. Our client, who operate in over 70 countries and have over 10,000 employees in Europe alone, are Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services who implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of vendors to manage their technology infrastructure on their client's behalf. However, the most important part of their company are the services they provide, which is where you come in.
Your new job in Hatfield
This is a genuine career opportunity for a talented 3rd Line Engineer / Analyst, experienced in Certificate management, End Point Security, Windows Server and Virtualisation technologies. On offer is a key position working on a broad range of the latest technology, with a team of talented Engineers/ Analysts at our HQ in Hatfield.
Your key responsibilities will consist of:
· Certificate and PKI management,
· Endpoint protection management,
· Installation, configuration, maintenance and support of infrastructure and systems
· Offer expertise within the team for the resolution of all technical incidents and problems
· Make a significant contribution in delivering continual tangible and measureable benefits and value in terms of improving customer service & satisfaction and operational efficiency, whilst reducing risk and operational costs to minimal levels
· Proactively identify opportunities and create and deliver robust business case proposals to team Manager to improve reliability, stability and efficiency
· Instigate and orchestrate changes to infrastructure and systems, in line with change control processes
· Facilitate and typically lead, the management of medium/large technical projects and complex work packages into business as usual operations
· Support, coach and mentor the more junior members of the team, leading by example
· Contribute with ideas and suggestions on continuous service improvement
· Develop, produce and maintain IT documentation and following IT procedures as required
What you'll need to succeed
The successful 3rd Line Engineer / Analyst based in Hatfield will have excellent organisation skills and you'll be competent with:
· Significant knowledge, understanding and expertise including but not limited to:
· Certificate management / PKI
· Symantec Endpoint Protection
· Microsoft Server technologies; MS Server, MS Clustering, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Windows Terminal Services, Certificate Services, ADFS
· Virtualisation technologies; VMware ESX Server, Hyper-V
· Server Hardware: HPE Synergy / One View, HPE Rack/Blade Servers.
· VMware Data Centre Virtualisation, vSphere, HA, SRM, Citrix XenApp
· IaaS and Cloud technologies; Microsoft Azure, Office 365, AWS, RackSpace
· Backup/Archiving technologies; IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager)
· Server Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Load-Balancing technologies (JetNexus)
· System Management technologies; SCOM, SCCM
· Scripting knowledge (PowerShell)
· Anti-virus technologies; Symantec End Point Protection
· Disaster Recover, Replication and Recovery services
· Storage technologies: SAN (HPE 3Par, EMC VNX) , Fibre Channel Switches (Brocade) etc.
· Experience supporting large/enterprise level infrastructures
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve prompt resolution
· Strong experience of incident and problem management including 3rd party service providers
· Capable of managing concurrent initiatives
· Solid operational understanding of service management standards and tools; Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation qualified
· Industry recognised qualifications including but not limited to Microsoft Certified (MCSA, MCSE) and VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
What you'll get in return
So…what's in it for you? Well, you get the opportunity to work on a high-profile project for a globally recognised IT service provider, on a generous rate. Furthermore, you can enhance your skills and gain experience with a great well-known business.
What you need to do now
If you feel this is something that you would be interested in, please apply as soon as possible and get in touch with our specialist recruiter Jaspreet Kalsi.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'