3rd Line Engineer
Location: Maidstone - WFH Flexibility
Salary: up to £40k
For this role, our client is happy for this to be a remote work from home role, with very occasional days in the office (1-2) per month. However, it is still required that you live within a one-hour commute of Maidstone
Our client is a Managed Services Provider. They are looking for an experienced 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their team of technical engineers.
Daily duties of the 3rd Line Engineer will be liaising with clients as a technical lead, new support client site take overs, future planning of client IT systems including system design, deployment and on-going IT 3rd line support. A key role is to provide a technical back stop to the helpdesk team for more complex issues that require a greater skill set.
The 3rd Line Engineer must show a diverse mind-set and hard-working ethic with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You will be able to manage your own workload, have a genuine passion for I.T. and be an integral team player.
Key duties of 3rd Line Engineer
• Become a technical lead for the client-base
• Take the lead on client projects from design, deployment and handover
• Provide Remote and On-site support for customers
• Provide a very high standard of professional customer service to customers
• Provide accurate and timely diagnosis and rectification of customer faults in a timely manner and within SLAs
• Manage own workload
• Work with partners and third-party companies to resolve problems
• Problem solve and resourceful, utilising technical libraries
• Troubleshoot technical issues in a highly efficient way
• Resolve or escalate problems and service requests according to established procedures
• Raise, update and close calls on service desk call management system
• Be aware of polices in place and ensure a mature approach is followed
• Expand existing systems
• Plan and install solutions on-site and remotely
Essential Technical Experience required of 3rd Line Engineer
• Microsoft Windows (All versions) experience to a high level (Troubleshoot and effectively resolve issues by research/using knowledge bases in a confident way)
• Active Directory to a high level (Security Groups, Administration/Deployment, LDAP, ADSI)
• Strong skills in Microsoft Server, Exchange and SQL
• Office 365 experience (Administration/Deployment)
• Backups (various and ability to use different applications)
• Router maintenance (wireless configuration, install and setups)
• Hardware maintenance/Planning and deployment
• CISCO Experience (VLAN, Routing, Switching)
• Wireless Networking hardware and software
• VOIP administration/maintenance
• VPN administration and deployment
• TCP/IP and OSI
• DNS - administration of DNS internal and external
• Cloud-based admin (internal/external)
• Networking design/troubleshooting/installation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'