To provide efficient and effective support of a variety of customer platforms which utilise a combination of Virtualisation, Citrix and Microsoft Technologies over both local and hosted environments.
The role encompasses many aspects of the company business and requires someone who has excellent logical processes, a high level of Technical competence and experience in supporting Virtualised environments, Microsoft technologies and Citrix platforms. A good understanding of HP hardware would also be beneficial.
There is an out of hours cover requirement one week in every three. A Call Centre fields the out of hour’s calls; however, there is a requirement to act as an escalation point and for being reactive to alerts from the hosting sites. This requirement has separate remuneration.
A high standard of customer communication, self-motivation and leadership is essential as you will be expected to take ownership of allocated calls and be pro-active with resolving and escalating if support is required.
The successful candidate will be a team player with a desire to progress the support and services within the company. The candidate should ideally come from a senior Technical role with several years’ experience in managing and supporting the following solutions:
The following represent the core tasks to be carried out as a part of the role:
- Work within the Cloud Assurance team from the Midlands Office, West Bromwich.
- To manage and support via Six Degrees service management system and ensure SLAs are met.
- Provide 3rd line support, troubleshooting and first response, to all cloud and legacy on premise customers.
- Manage support escalations between 3nd line engineers.
- Establish a good understanding of the cloud environments to accurately monitor and diagnose potential failures.
- Proactively ensure the health of essential cloud backup and DR services.
- Maintain documentation in the cloud Wiki and organisation CMDB.
- Ability to tend datacentres or customer’s sites for installation or support purposes.
- Work with supporting vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
- General housekeeping and patch management of both customer’s and cloud environments.
- Maintain good working practice under RFC, scheduled maintenance windows with clear communications.
- Ensure that all new and changed customer solutions are built to an agreed standard and that project teams are communicated to with all required information during the delivery phases.
- Work within an out of hour’s escalation rota 1 week in 3.
- Hands on experience with support ticketing systems.
- 4+ years of working with Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Active Directory and DNS.
- Experience of working with Citrix XenApp environments
- 1+ years working with Office 365 and Azure cloud services.
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies, Hyper-V.
- 4+ years working with backup technologies, Symantec Backup Exec, Veem or HP Data Protector.
- Good understanding of networking, IP addressing, firewalling and public DNS.
- 4+ years working with server hardware and storage.
- Exposure to monitoring tools and application.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Any level of Linux skills are a plus.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Able to identify when a problem may require escalation.
- Excellent time management and priority determination skills.
- Polite and constructive whist dealing with all customers.
- Maintain a high standards of work and professionalism.
- Ability to work unsupervised and diligently.
- Personal determination to increase knowledge and competences.
- Team working skills.
- SQL Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job