3 x Lending Underwriters
You will be responsible for underwriting mortgage applications in accordance with the Lending policy, TCF principles and FCA responsible lending best practice.
It is essential that you have current technical knowledge of underwriting of at least one of the following products Bridging/ BTLs/Second Charge mortgage.
You will have a full understanding of compliance and lender requirements.
- Underwrite and approve Bridging/ BTLs/Second Charge mortgage applications in accordance with the lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles, and within authorised mandate. Recommend any cases outside mandate to the Head of Lending and ensure all cases hold a robust documented rationale for the lending decision.
- To be responsible for all underwriting queries, resolution of issues and decisions in principle for new cases.
- Ensure all correspondence including references and valuations are in line with lending policy and the appropriate mortgage product.
- Act fairly and reasonably in line with TCF and responsible lending principles in all dealings with intermediaries, solicitors and valuers etc...
- Build a close working relationship with key areas of the business to enhance the process from a system, service and quality perspective.
- Create an effective and efficient team to maximise productivity whilst adhering to all quality and service measures.
- Identify improvements to performance and the process, working with managers and other areas of the business.
- Undertake any required project work as directed by Head of Lending. Be flexible and to assist the wider business as and when required in other roles.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Experience in Bridging/BTL/Second Charge lending as an Underwriter holding a mandate for a minimum of 2 years.
- Ability to coach other members of the Underwriting Team
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the treating our customers fairly policy
- Detailed understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
- Able to demonstrate that they are proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and regulatory knowledge applicable to the role. Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
- Educated to at least GCSE level including Maths and English
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Underwriting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"