Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer to join a leading organisation based in Northampton.
Responsibilities: 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer
- Provide 2nd line technical support to customers.
- Provide high standard of customer service, ensuring that incidents and updates from customers are logged and processed quickly and the customer is provided with regular updates on incident progress.
- Ensure customer incidents are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Take responsibility and exceed department Service Level Agreements
- Provide occasional on-site support at customer sites to resolve incidents.
- Escalate incidents to service team leader as appropriate.
- Work closely with 1st line technical support and field engineers to ensure a high level of communication is maintained.
- Provide technical guidance to Field Engineers.
- Help the service team for technical design, implementation and support of customer incidents and projects.
- Provide administrative and technical support of managed service operations including involvement of weekend tasks.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with other business units.
- Schedule and provide proactive communication to customers on field engineer movements and updates on outstanding calls.
- Ensure office solutions equipment/goods are installed to appropriate standards and industry best practice.
- Undertake tasks identified by the Service Team Leader and Technical Manager
- Undertake any other duties as required, which are deemed necessary to satisfy the needs of my clients request.
- Work under own initiatives as part of the Service Team to ensure high quality support to clients.
- Ensure incident information is recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
Skills and experience: 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer
- 2 years’ experience in a role of supporting servers, networks, printers, PC’s and applications.
- Ability to work in a busy helpdesk environment and good knowledge of general helpdesk operations.
- Experience of remote management into client sites
- Proven experience of enterprise / mainstream technologies and applications primarily focused on Microsoft front/backend products as well as anti-virus and backup platforms and operations.
- Experience with other enterprise / mainstream technologies and applications such as Citrix, VMware and Cisco are desirable.
- Relevant experience of managing, maintaining, and supporting peripheral equipment including routers, switches, hubs, UPS’s, printers etc.
- Industry recognised accreditations such as MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCA, CCNA are highly desirable.
If you are an experienced 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer looking for a new challenging role then please get in touch with Jenny Collin at Premier Technology (Birmingham branch)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'