Due to expansion, we are looking for a 2nd line Technical Support Engineer to assist with the helpdesk and daily activities, including small development projects and rollouts, site visits, maintenance checks, cloud migrations and more.
It is critical that the individual is extremely motivated, good with customers, and able to manage their own workload. They must be willing to put in the effort to be a vital part of an existing streamlined, exciting and highly driven operation supporting clients internationally.
- Follow Incident Management standards, including the Major Incident process, ensuring that these processes are followed and updated as and when appropriate
- Assist in monitoring and resolution of incidents/requests assigned to internal support teams and 3rd party suppliers in accordance with agreed Service Levels
- Continuously evaluate the existing processes and procedures to ensure that Incident Management is being carried out in the most efficient and effective manner, working with the Team Leader to initiate appropriate corrective action
- Co-ordinate with other teams and the Problem Management process in respect of major incidents as and when they occur
- Manage user escalations, ensuring that they are thoroughly investigated and that an agreeable solution is achieved for our users and customers
- Help to raise the profile of the IT organisation with colleagues inside and outside of the business
- Manage implementation projects of both Cloud-based solutions and Tradition IT rollouts
- Assist with the continuous development of our Cloud Platform
- Windows 7/8/10 + Windows Server i.e. 2008, 2012, 2016
- Exchange / Office 365 administration, users, groups etc.
- Remote Desktop Services
- Virtualisation, VMWare/Hyper-V
- Network printer installations
- General Applications, Office, Sage, etc.
- Business antivirus software, Sophos, AVG etc.
- Malware, spyware, adware removal
- Networking concepts including Routers, Switches, copper links
- Backups - Cloud-based backups, image based backups
- Networking protocols, DHCP, DNS, IP, NAT
- Remote support methods, LogMeIn, Team viewer, VPN & VNC
- Active Directory administration
Hours and Pay:
- Monday to Friday - 08.45 - 17.30
- Salary DOE
- Company vehicle provided
- 20 days' holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Free parking
Recruit Mint are working alongside an IT company, who are expanding rapidly and looking to increase the team with a 2nd Line Support Technician. They are an IT support and solutions company with more than ten years' experience in the IT sector. Over this time, they have built up a UK customer base. Their skilled engineers cover a wide range of business interests from agriculture through education, motorsport and to the retail sector.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job